PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail on Ipad help!

mm123
04-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Please excuse my 'non-technical' language. Could use any help/advice. Is anyone else having problems with using Hotmail on their Ipad the last couple of days?

On my regular computer, I have no problems, but the last couple of days, when I'm trying to access Hotmail on my Ipad, I can see messages, but can't type a new email or a reply. When I hit 'reply' or 'new message' I can see the screen, but it won't let me type. What I mean is, when I touch the screen, the cursor doesn't appear, so I can't type a message.

On my Ipad, I access Hotmail through the internet (Safari). I don't have the same problem using my work email account (outlook) on the Ipad. Also, when I sign on to Hotmail, the screen keeps on popping up that I need to 'update' my browser, and it gives me choices. But I'm already on Safari, and when I click on the 'Safari' button, it just takes me to the Apple home page. So I just click that I want to continue to Hotmail, even though it says it may not function properly.

Help!! This is VERY frustrating.

codex57
04-25-2012, 12:14 PM
I haven't noticed anything, but I have Hotmail going through the Mail program on the iPad (and iPhone).

MamaKath
04-25-2012, 04:42 PM
We have not been able to get hotmail to work with an Ipod or tablet (Ipad or HP). I was told it was because Microsoft sets it up that way since they are competitors. It amazes me that you are able to get it at all, lol.

lfp2n
04-25-2012, 04:45 PM
I cannot get Google calender to work on my ipad its driving me crazy- another situation where apple and the other company aren't exactly friends :(