PDA

View Full Version : Head Slump in Diplomat

rileysmom
04-25-2012, 11:41 AM
We have a Britax Diplomat for our 6mo old and every time she falls asleep in it she has horrible head slump. It's installed to the correct angle as far as I can tell and we already use one pool noodle. should I try to get it at a larger angle with a pool noodle pyramid? Is that ok? Is this a common problem with that seat? I dont remember it being this bad with my ODD when she used the seat.

epiclesis
04-25-2012, 12:14 PM
You can definitely use a pool noodle to get a better angle. I have a Diplomat as well, but have never had any head slump in it. It could depend on the slope of your seats. :)

mom2binsd
04-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Can you post a picture?

Joolsplus2
04-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Is the seat top tethered? Sometimes just a very gentle tug to tighten that down a little more can make the recline a little better. And yes, a pyramid or just a fatter noodle are acceptable, the first things to try, really. Is there a recline line to adhere to on that seat? I only remember guessing at a good angle on my old Marathon, so there was no way to know if it was in the mfr. recommended range.

rileysmom
04-26-2012, 10:54 AM
I dont think there is an actual line, but I was trying to make the writing level. I dont have it top tethered because I cant find a place to do it on the floor in my car. Any suggestions on a good place to tether it to? I have a 2007 Saturn Outlook. I can try to take a pic later and post it to show the current angle.

legaleagle
04-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Do you have a smartphone? There are free level apps you can download to check the angle. Or you can use the "fold a piece of paper into a triangle" so you have a visual of what 45 degrees is.

Joolsplus2
04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Shouldn't be too hard to find a place, push your front seats all the way forward. I couldn't find this video on the Britax youtube page (I didn't look hard), but I found it at car-seat.org... http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=998064&postcount=2