PDA

View Full Version : Totally freaking out.... it's not possible right?

oneontheway
04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm completely freaking out... I've had cramps for 3 days and I'm now a day late. I'm never ever late.. usually I'm always 3 to 5 days early. I took an old prego test this morning and it's negative. I'm so nervous. In my heart I've wanted another child but we had pretty much decided that we could not handle a fourth, physically, mentally or financially. I feel like I'm already failing my children, husband, job, etc. Not to mention I'm already 37 and all the possible issues for a baby. I'm just overreacting right? Could it be my age that things are changing?

kellij
04-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Um, so I just had #4 and I'm 37, will be 38 next month. I was on the pill and missed a few days at the end of the pack the month before. I literally could have written your post last summer. I even have DS - 04, DD - 06 and DS - 10, so similar ages. So my vote is that it definitely can happen! I am like you too; usually early, never late. I took the test the day I should have gotten my period and had a dark positive line. So that's the only thing that is different. Since you got a negative, I'd give it a couple of days to make sure you just didn't ovulate late this month. Have you been extra stressed or anything?

Indianamom2
04-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Well, anything's possible, but it's also very likely just an "off" cycle.

If nothing has happened in the next few days though, I'd test again. Hope you get the results you want!

JBaxter
04-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Hate to break it to you 37 is nothing. 41 here with #4. If you age is what's freaking you out take a big breath and relax

oneontheway
04-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Um, so I just had #4 and I'm 37, will be 38 next month. I was on the pill and missed a few days at the end of the pack the month before. I literally could have written your post last summer. I even have DS - 04, DD - 06 and DS - 10, so similar ages. So my vote is that it definitely can happen! I am like you too; usually early, never late. I took the test the day I should have gotten my period and had a dark positive line. So that's the only thing that is different. Since you got a negative, I'd give it a couple of days to make sure you just didn't ovulate late this month. Have you been extra stressed or anything?

So how is it going with #4? I haven't really been more stressed out than normal. I started working again. I also should of mentioned that I had light light spotting Sunday night. The test I had expired in 2010 so I'm gonna stop on my way home and pick up a new one just so I can relax a bit.

oneontheway
04-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Well, anything's possible, but it's also very likely just an "off" cycle.

If nothing has happened in the next few days though, I'd test again. Hope you get the results you want!

Thanks :) The sad part is I'm not really sure I know what result I want...

oneontheway
04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Hate to break it to you 37 is nothing. 41 here with #4. If you age is what's freaking you out take a big breath and relax

That does make me feel better thanks ;)

trentsmom
04-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Something very similar happened to me last month. Since having DSs, I have had a 23-24 day cycle. My body decided to play a trick on me by giving me a 30-some day cycle and lots of cramps. I always cramp in the beginning of pregnancy, too, so I was really freaked out. I have never been so happy to see AF!

oneontheway
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Something very similar happened to me last month. Since having DSs, I have had a 23-24 day cycle. My body decided to play a trick on me by giving me a 30-some day cycle and lots of cramps. I always cramp in the beginning of pregnancy, too, so I was really freaked out. I have never been so happy to see AF!

So it does happen! Part of me feels like this is what it must be... it is just so out of the norm for me.

Giantbear
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
My wife was a week and a half late and flipping out, i reminded her that her being pregnant was a physical impossibility (or at least it had better be), she laughed, calmed and relaxed and by bed time was flowing. Sometimes the stress of being late can delay it even more.

BayGirl2
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM

Yeah. I just had #2 at 37 and may have one or two more. My OB didn't even consider me of "advanced maternal age". The increased risk to the baby at that age is very minimal, especially if you've had other successful pregnancies. I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't let your age be a reason to worry at all.

megv
04-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I also could have written your post - due w #4 in July, 36 years old, and not sure how we will handle the chaos! I feel pretty good though, and I'm getting excited to meet the newbie that had to be a part of our family...no other explanation as I don't even remember having sex!

Beth24
04-25-2012, 04:30 PM
I will make you feel even better...had my 4th at 45! Hang in there and try not to worry! :)

AnnieW625
04-25-2012, 05:00 PM
good luck. My great grandma had her 5th at 42 yrs. old in 1929. If that wasn't advanced maternal age, no idea what is now.

cindys
04-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Yup....37 seems like a piece of cake...

Had my 3rd @ (gasp) 46...4 months later turned 47.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...20, 6 & 3 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

maestramommy
04-25-2012, 05:51 PM
I had my first at almost 37, my 3rd at 40:p

I was a little shocked when I got pregnant with my 3rd. I thought my period was coming, and then it didn't. Took a test right away.

I'd wait a couple more days, and test again.

oneontheway
04-25-2012, 06:29 PM
It's not so much the age as already having my hands full and not wanting the other three to suffer because I'm not doing a good job of juggling everyones needs.

Twice now I have spotted very lightly a few days apart... I probably wouldn't even have noticed if I wasn't on the look out.

cas
04-25-2012, 07:13 PM
...no other explanation as I don't even remember having sex!

That is hysterical!

oneontheway
04-25-2012, 07:38 PM
I also could have written your post - due w #4 in July, 36 years old, and not sure how we will handle the chaos! I feel pretty good though, and I'm getting excited to meet the newbie that had to be a part of our family...no other explanation as I don't even remember having sex!

That is pretty funny!! It's nice to know there are others out there... even if I'm not pregnant... sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world that sees the benefits of having more than the average number of children but that's a whole other topic, lol.

ast96
04-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Well, I had my fourth last Thursday, and I am 37. Four is a lot of kids... but I planned this. I wanted this baby. And so far, yes, it is a total juggling act, but one that I want and cherish. So if your heart is there... don't be afraid. The birth and recovery have not been hard, but sleep deprivation is never fun. ;)

megv
04-25-2012, 08:36 PM
I of course also worry about having enough hands, patience, etc for all of my kids. I want to be a good mom for everybody :-) 1 day at a time is my motto, and sometimes that may be 1 hour at a time!

Honestly though once the initial shock wore off, I am actually a bit giddy for a new baby...probably because I never would have been able to convince DH to go for #4.

We live in an area where most stop with 2 or 3, but this just feels right to us :-)

WatchingThemGrow
04-25-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm just enjoying thinking about the subject of this thread and your username :)

Puddy73
04-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Relax, you are probably just a little late. Our hormones start to fluctuate in our late 30s, so even if you have always been regular like clockwork you may start to notice changes. Thirty-seven seems young to me - I'll be 39 when our little October surprise arrives!

♥ms.pacman♥
04-25-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm just enjoying thinking about the subject of this thread and your username :)

:yeahthat: lol, that's what i first thought of too :)

keep us updated!

kellij
05-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Update?

essnce629
05-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Update?

She posted on another thread that she's not pregnant.

oneontheway
05-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Oh sorry, I must of missed your reply. Nope not pregnant... I was convinced I was.. I'm never ever late but either my mind or body was playing tricks on me. It did make me realize that although I have been trying to ignore the feelings of wanting another baby for so many reasons and trying to think that I'm just not being rationale, I know now it is really is what I want. When I first thought I could be pregnant I was totally freaking out but then after a day or two I was getting excited. I'm sure it all seems silly to most.

Anyway we will just have to see whether I can get DH onboard but I'm not holding out too much hope. Thanks so everyone for posting :)