PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training Question

alien_host
04-25-2012, 02:42 PM
So DD will want to do Jedi Training. She was Princess Leia for Halloween, should I bring her costume? It's pretty light to pack and we made it so it is cotton, but maybe a little hot to wear as it is long with long sleeves.

Do you think it's worthwile to have her wear the costume when getting in line to get a ticket to do it as well as if we can get a show time?

I guess I'm making a mad dash with her at opening to get a ticket.

cheri
04-25-2012, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't worry about bringing it to signup. The mad dash to get into the show (and definitely go straight there at RD) is just for signup.

If you get into the show, you'll be given a time to come back. She might want to wear her Leia costume for the indoor part (they talk about Jedi stuff and give the kids instructions), but for actual training (the show), they'll give her a Jedi robe, and the costume might be too hot with the robe over it.

mariza
04-26-2012, 05:55 PM
As PP noted, they will give her a robe to wear. The wig alone would be cute and maybe have a special tee shirt made. Have fun, my kids did it twice in one week and still talk about it!

Raidra
04-27-2012, 09:20 AM
When my boys did it, there was a little girl dressed as Leia. You can see her in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE9JOB6_Hl8

They (she had a brother dressed as Luke, too) showed up too late for the sign-up, but they let them in anyway because they were too adorable. Obviously, don't count on that happening if you get there late, but they may put her right in front if she's dressed up.

alien_host
05-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Thank you for the info! We got the 1:50 show and it worked perfect. We arrived right before 9 (opening) at the gates, but they seem to let people in early without a RD these days and the bus was not cooperating for an earlier arrival.

Anyway, once I download pics I can post. She wore the costume for the training and it really was cute, IMO. ;)