PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Appreciation Day

ZeeBaby
04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Do you give gifts? If so how much or what?

DietCokeLover
04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Uh oh.... when is it?

infomama
04-26-2012, 09:37 AM
We don't. I give a little something at Christmas and at the end of the year.

ett
04-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Not unless it's part of a group gift. We do gifts at Christmas and end of school year.

snowbunnies300
04-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I give flowers. Nothing fancy or expensive. You would be suprised how happy a teacher can get over a simple bouquet of flowers. I had one teacher cry she was so touched. I can get inexpensive bouquets at Trader Joes or my grocery store (say $5 to $7). I do not provide a vase, just the flowers in a sleeve. I have found that all of the teachers had a vase to put them in and I purchase for a lot of teachers aides so need to keep the costs down. I think this year I have:
3 main room teachers
3 special ed teachers
4 aides
2 speech and language therapists
1 PT therapist
1 OT therapist

I am not purchasing bouquets for media/library, music, art or gym. I think I will bake something or purchase a single flower. The cost just gets too high.

I think last year, for the first time, our parent's committee did something for the teachers. I can't remember what it was but it wasn't anything too big.

SnuggleBuggles
04-26-2012, 10:49 AM
The PTO collects $ for gifts for all and they do a potluck luncheon one day and an after school snack another. My room parent is planning something just for our teacher too. I will prob offer to take lunch in for my teacher next week, on the day I volunteer normally. Finally, I'm going to take and frame a pic of the kiddos holding a thank you sign for the teacher.

katydid1971
04-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Uh oh.... when is it?

I just looked it up--May 7-11

ZeeBaby
04-26-2012, 06:49 PM
We are doing a luncheon for all the teachers, but I wasn't sure if I needed to do something additional for the teacher.

SnuggleBuggles
04-26-2012, 07:08 PM
You can. I have tended to do a personal gift at year end but something like a thank you card or a letter to the principal about my teacher's strengths.

iaam
04-26-2012, 09:08 PM
We haven't either, in the past - we do nice Christmas and year-end gifts (usually a small gift + cash). However, I like PP's idea of inexpensive flowers, or maybe even chocolate, just to say thanks. May do that this year...