PDA

View Full Version : EE Savings Bond interest rate help, please

KrisM
04-26-2012, 02:15 PM
I have a EE series Savings bond bought in 01/1995. Can someone do a google search and find what rate I should be getting on it? I did it and come up with an answer that confuses me :).

Thanks.

wendibird22
04-26-2012, 02:25 PM
There is a gov't page that you can enter your bond and year and amount and it will tell you the current value and accrued interest. I have an older bond that will continue to earn interest forever so that it is worth way more than the amount printed on it. But they did away with those decades ago (I think mine is from the 80s).

KrisM
04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
There is a gov't page that you can enter your bond and year and amount and it will tell you the current value and accrued interest. I have an older bond that will continue to earn interest forever so that it is worth way more than the amount printed on it. But they did away with those decades ago (I think mine is from the 80s).

Yes, I did that and that is where I am confused when compared to the words you get.

When I look at this page: http://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/research/indepth/ebonds/res_e_marketbonds.htm
I get a completely different answer than I do in the Savings Bond Wizard. I was hoping someone could verify it by date.