PDA

View Full Version : Parkway arrived today--DOM 2/11. Too old?

cheri
04-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I need some input. I ordered DD1 a new Parkway booster. It arrived today. The DOM is 2/11. I'm not happy, but I want perspective from others before I contact the business I bought it from.

Would you be ok with a "new" booster that is 14 months old?

Thanks!

KrisM
04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
It would depend. Was the price outstanding? If so, it might be because of the DOM. Do you need it hand it down? Will the DOM prevent that? But, overall, no I wouldn't be happy with 14 months.

cheri
04-26-2012, 08:11 PM
No, the price wasn't outstanding--it was $9x.xx (can't remember exactly--I think between $92-95). It's the Parkway SG, not the SGL (the car it's going in doesn't have LATCH). There were several sellers within five dollars of the price.

I would like to be able to hand it down, although it's possible that we won't need it by then. I'd like to have the option, though.

LMPC
04-26-2012, 08:51 PM
For the record, I would not be happy with that! That's over a year that I wouldn't get to use it!

sunshine873
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
No, I definitely would not be OK with that. Who did you order it from?

MommyAllison
04-27-2012, 01:37 AM
I would return it if possible, personally.

epiclesis
04-27-2012, 11:15 AM
If that's what you paid for it, I'd send it back.

Or if you call them, perhaps they can prorate the expiration time and credit you a year's worth of use back to your card.

cheri
04-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks, everyone. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't overreacting. I've sent them an email to see what my options are. I'll let you know what happens.

I did go back and check the price, which was $92.99.

cheri
05-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Just wanted to update.

I finally got it resolved. The store credited me 15% of the purchase price, which I was ok with. At least I didn't have to send the thing back (ugh). It would have been nice to have the option to use it a little longer, but realistically, this will probably work out fine.

I found it very interesting that the seller blamed the entire thing on Britax, even telling me that I had to deal with it through Britax. I called Britax, they said no (which I agreed with), and then the company offered me the 15% off.

I think I'll stick with Albeebaby from now on. ;)

MommyofAmaya
05-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Was yours from Amazon? We had the same issue and and already threw out the box. The DOM is 5/10! So mad and not sure what to do about it. Glad you got the issue resolved.

cheri
05-14-2012, 09:18 PM
No, it wasn't from Amazon. Wow! I'd be mad, too! Can you talk to them about crediting you some of the money back? It's not perfect, but it made me feel a little better.

Seriously, who would sell a two year old car seat???:hopmad: