PDA

View Full Version : Easiest shoes for kids to get on?

ourbabygirl
04-28-2012, 04:40 PM
DD (3.5) is not great at putting on her shoes, and I'd like to stick to the easiest-to-put-on shoe brands & types for her and her little brother (when he's able to do so).

I love her Pediped Maryjanes that I've been getting her since she was 1. The Jones sneakers she has now are not easy to put on, unfortunately- the tongue gets scrunched and shoved down so I really have to work to pull it up straight and hold it with some fingers while using the rest of my hands to put her foot/ heel in the shoe.

Crocs are obviously great & easy for her to put on, so they're pretty much her go-to shoe lately (though DS hid one of her Crocs somewhere- argh!). Her Keen sandals (H2 I think) aren't super easy to get on, but I think they're a little easier than her tennis shoes.

Any brand and style suggestions to try?

Thanks so much! :)

SnuggleBuggles
04-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Somd Tsukuhoshi and New Balance. I look for ones with 1 Velcro strap- they open nice and wide.

hoodlims
05-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Any Velcro shoe in a Mary Jane sneaker style seems to work well for us. we currently have a couple of Stride Rite shoes that fit these requirements. I also like a pair of Croc MJs for her.

citymama
05-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Other than Crocs?

Keens sandals. And velcro MJs as the PP suggested - we loved our Merrells.