PDA

View Full Version : comfy spring shoes

hillview
04-28-2012, 05:28 PM
I need comfy spring shoes. I've been living in my ugg boots which I love (LOVE)
http://www.thewalkingcompany.com/ugg-bellvue-ii/m3481-1914s

I now need a comfy shoe for spring. Prefer not to have to wear socks (Uggs have spoiled me!!). I have a sore heal so I need something with decent support. I need something that I can slip on.

I have summer sandals so I need something til it gets a lot warmer.

Any ideas?
TIA

citymama
04-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Love my uggs too! Those boots you linked to don't look very springy to me. Are you anti-clogs? I still haven't made the leap, but I'm thinking about a pair of Danskos. I'd love to see what else people suggest. My latest criterion has become shoes I can just step into rather than bend down and deal with. So lazy, but so practical with a 2 yr old in tow.

What are your spring sandals? I really need a good pair of walking sandals.

hillview
04-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Love my uggs too! Those boots you linked to don't look very springy to me. Are you anti-clogs? I still haven't made the leap, but I'm thinking about a pair of Danskos. I'd love to see what else people suggest. My latest criterion has become shoes I can just step into rather than bend down and deal with. So lazy, but so practical with a 2 yr old in tow.

What are your spring sandals? I really need a good pair of walking sandals.

Yeah those boots are my winter shoes so they need to be retired for the season very shortly. I wear orthoheel tides in red. Similar to this:
http://www.zappos.com/orthaheel-tide-bronze-metallic

Not super fashion but comfy :)

I could do clogs. Do you need to wear socks with Danskos?

lovin2shop
04-28-2012, 07:49 PM
No spring suggestions, but just had to say that I am pretty excited with the Orthaheel styles for this summer! I have the same ones that you posted, and I just got the Carla and Aurora for this summer. So cute, I was only planning on keeping one, but I'm keeping them both. It's almost 90 here already, so I'll get plenty of use out of them!

arivecchi
04-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Ballet flats?

My Tory Burch Revas are super comfy, as are my Tods ones.

You should also check out the Cole Haan Bacara ballet flats.

Not sure about the support issue, but ballet flats are comfy, classic and insanely versatile.

On colder days, I wear my lined Cole Haan wedge clogs.

meggie t
04-28-2012, 11:14 PM
I was going to suggest ballet flats as well, but only ones with proper support. I used to have a few Tory's but they have zero support. My current faves are Vera Wang Lavendar Lillian ballets. They have a wedge support on the inside, like Lanvin ballets. Cole Haan ballets are also supportive. Two other great flats with amazing support but they are pricey- AGL and Paul Mayer. I have worn all of the above brands for hours on end of hard walking and have been comfortable.

curiousgeorge
04-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I am on the hunt for the same thing. I have a pair of Privos that are a couple of years old that I love. Super comfy, wear without socks and great support. They work well for chasing kids at the park without having to put on regular running shoes and socks.

So far I have tried two pair of Keen Mary Janes but both went back. They had zero support and didn't feel food despite being cute. I'm on my phone so having a hard time linking but think I'm going to try the Privo Acacias. I'll report back if I can find them in my size.

mikala
04-30-2012, 04:36 PM
I just ordered a pair of Jambu shoes from Zappos for this purpose. They haven't arrived yet so I can't speak to how they fit.

Ballet flats also work well for spring and fall but I haven't found any that fit well lately.

KathyN115
04-30-2012, 08:38 PM
I have been loving these lately:

http://www.zappos.com/j-41-oceanic

I have a hard time with in-between season shoes, if I could I would go from boots to flip-flops. Ballet flats never seem to fit right. But these are really comfy, and have looked OK with both jeans and capris.

BTW, in another thread someone said they had seen these at Costco for a lot less $$$. I was there this weekend, and there is a similar-looking pair, but they are water shoes and made of mesh instead of leather.

jerigirl
04-30-2012, 09:53 PM
I just bought these (http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/privo-by-clarks-womens-shoes-rarebit-flats?ID=622301) Privos in the Macy's Friends and Family sale to replace another pair of similar Privos. I haven't worn the new ones yet but I loved the old pair. They run a bit big so I have to order a 1/2 size down. My store had them in stock today.

mikala
04-30-2012, 10:20 PM
I have been loving these lately:

http://www.zappos.com/j-41-oceanic

Ahhh! This is one of those moments where I love the BBB. I saw a woman wearing a gray pair of these over the weekend but didn't see the brand. They seemed similar to the Jambu styles but I liked these a little better.

Thanks for posting! It's great to hear the style name and a positive review of them.

fauve01
05-07-2012, 04:26 PM
i've been wearing these Merrells
http://www.zappos.com/merrell-circuit-mj-breeze-black
Mine are darker blue mesh on the sides and light blue suede, but i got them a couple years ago and don't see that color option now.

i love them! i wear them with and without socks. i bought a cushier insole from the walking store just because i need more. they are great spring shoes. in winter, i wear my Merrell jungle mocs, spring i wear these, and then flip flops. ;)

AnnieW625
05-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I just bough some Donald J Pliner slides at Off Broadway to replace my 9 yr. old Dansko slide sandals, which they no longer make:crying: (everything Dansko has now IMHO is old lady looking:duck:). I do love my Dansko clogs, but they aren't really spring shoes here unless it happens to rain. Spring, summer, and sometimes fall is sandal or peep toe weather. I do like the suggestion for ballet flats though if you aren't ready for true sandals yet. I like Jessica Simpson Leve.