PDA

View Full Version : Sandals with GREAT arch support??

lalasmama
04-28-2012, 07:50 PM
DD has a weird foot. Well, 2 weird feet! :) I'm blanking on the name (fallen arches maybe?), where if she's not in good supportive shoes, her ankles roll inward and down, if that makes sense.

I made her give up her beloved Twinkle Toes because it's bad enough that she complains about her feet hurting within minutes of wearing un-supportive shoes. We're now, largely, down to Nike/Adidas style tennis shoes for everything to avoid the foot pain.

It's getting close to summer... and we would both love for her to have some cute (SUPPORTIVE) shoes to wear out and about.

Any suggestions? Ideally, the less expensive, the better, since she tends to grow like a weed in the summer, and it's usually a 2-size growth spurt in her feet!

boilermakermom
04-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Not sure how these would work for arch support, but have you checked out Keens? DD had a pair last year instead of flip flops/crocs, etc. and we both loved them. She thought they were super cute and easy to put on by herself. I liked they provided support, had a rubber sole and since her toes weren't completely exposed it helped when she fell off her bike, the deck, the slide, the swings, etc.

abh5e8
04-28-2012, 11:12 PM
honestly, since her foot problems are so severe...i'd keep her in the tennis shoes. have you tried custom orthodics? those made a world of different in my running shoes (i have the same problem).