PDA

View Full Version : What to wear with black maxi skirt?

alootikki
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM
I bought a black maxi skirt last year at Nordstrom's end of season sale - I love how it drapes and how comfortable it is, but have no idea what to wear on top that won't look dowdy. I'm still slowing losing the baby weight, but have never had a super flat tummy even at my skinniest, so can't do cropped or super fitted tops.

SnuggleBuggles
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Fitted top and good posture then don't worry about it. :) You don't have to be skinny to wear form fitted stuff...big just makes things look even bigger. So, I'd personally be wearing something like a knit tank top with it.

joules
04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
I am 2.5 months pp and still have some loose skin on my tummy. Costco has the flexees tummy shaping tanks back in stock. I like mine a lot. It has lace trim and the firming part starts right under the boobs so it doesn't constrict the boobs. They come in white, black, and grey. The only downside is that it gets a bit warm. I've worn mine by itself and also under other things.

I also recently got a shaping tank from old navy. It's the seamless tank for about $10. I think the sale ends today - I got an extra 30% off by using my gap card. It's a bit less constricting than the flexees but still does a good job. It's not as cute tho so I plan on wearing it under something else - like a breezy sheer lose fitting chiffon top.

Babymakes3
04-30-2012, 02:08 PM
In my opinion when you are doing a long skirt like that you have to have something a little fitted on top, loose on top of loose isn't a good look.
I think layering on top would be best, helps hide the tummy a bit. I would wear a fitted tank and then layer a looser tank or tee over it...the key is to have the bottom of the top layer be tight enough not to just hang but loose enough to kinda gather a bit. Does that make sense?
I have a couple old navy tanks that fit that description, they button halfway down so I can open a few on top so you can see the tank underneath...throw on a few necklaces and kinda bunch the bottom of the 2nd tank up.

DrSally
04-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Another vote for fitted top/tank. I have not seen the smoother tanks at ON

joules
04-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Another vote for fitted top/tank. I have not seen the smoother tanks at ON

I bought mine online. Not sure if they are sold in stores: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=72244&vid=1&pid=864174&scid=864174002

It's definitely more of an undershirt.

amldaley
05-01-2012, 07:48 AM
It doesn't have to be a skin tight fitted tee...but something body skimming that is less drapey or voluminous than the skirt.

(A good bra goes a long way in making a tee look good and taking the eyes off the pp tummy!)