PDA

View Full Version : stupid passwords

liz
04-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Passwords. I can understand why we need them, esp for sensitive material like banking or accounts linked up to credit cards.

And I can understand why you need to make them difficult (8 characters, capital letters and numerals etc).

By why for the love of all that is holy do I need to do this for the Pampers website? Or Pandora.com? or all of the other random places that really don't matter?

sntm
04-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Agree. I have a simple password I use for things that don't matter, but more and more websites require the ridiculous complicated ones that I can't remember.

TwinFoxes
04-30-2012, 09:49 PM
I agree completely. Banks, Zappos, Amazon, etc, I get it. Anything not involving money or sensitive info, what's the point?

Snow mom
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
I would really appreciate it if they would post the requirements on the login page. I have a logical way I modify my passwords to fit with requirements but if I don't know what the requirements are it takes me so much longer to figure out what my password would have been. Often times I'll have to go to reset my password and then I see the requirements and know what my password is. What I hate most is places that don't let you reuse previous passwords.

ett
04-30-2012, 10:17 PM
I would really appreciate it if they would post the requirements on the login page. I have a logical way I modify my passwords to fit with requirements but if I don't know what the requirements are it takes me so much longer to figure out what my password would have been. Often times I'll have to go to reset my password and then I see the requirements and know what my password is. What I hate most is places that don't let you reuse previous passwords.

ITA! There are certain sites where I have to change the password every time I log in because I can't remember their specific requirements. Of course, I remember my old password when I go to create the new one and see the requirements.

belovedgandp
04-30-2012, 10:24 PM
YES! The ridiculous requirements kill me on some sites.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
05-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Even better than the stupid password requirements, how about the sites that are requiring the set of security questions now? I feel like everytime I log into something now it'll pop up and ask me to provide answers to 3 questions to upgrade the site's security. All fine and dandy until the next time you log in and it randomly pics one of those questions you answered and you cant remember how you answered!!

kijip
05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
ITA. One of my OLD passwords had this mnemonic device to recall it: Passwords shouldn't need to be this damn complicated. PWsn2btdc!### (adding a number at the end)

TwoBees
05-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh my goodness, I just had to do it for the pampers site this morning. Really? TWO secret questions? Geeze. If someone really wants my pampers points that badly they can have them.

vonfirmath
05-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Oh my goodness, I just had to do it for the pampers site this morning. Really? TWO secret questions? Geeze. If someone really wants my pampers points that badly they can have them.

The Pampers password is the reason I don't have a Pampers login. I just decided no.

mom2one
05-01-2012, 11:28 AM
I totally feel your pain. I just had to redo the pampers website also, and was like really? I did not know pampers had top secret info that could get leaked out and ruin all our lives forever!

Susan