PDA

View Full Version : happy anniversary, I guess?

MamaSnoo
04-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Today was DH and my 7th wedding anniversary. Both of us almost forget, and just reminded each other on Saturday. No cards, no gifts, no dinner.

I had a crazy long day at work, and did not get home until 9 pm. DH was dozing off in bed when I arrived. I did tell him HappyA when I got in, as I did this am when I got up. I am pretty sure that between him trying to get out the door to work this am and him being asleep tonight, that I did not get a single hug or kiss today.

36 weeks PG to top it off. I am so tired.

I know I did not put in the effort to make it nice either, but it was just a sucky anniversary.

edurnemk
04-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Happy anniversary!

I can commiserate, tomorrow's our 8th anniversary, but DH is in South America until 5/18. And DS is sick, and I'm 30 weeks PG.

Maybe you can plan a celebration for next weekend?

crl
04-30-2012, 11:13 PM
I am sorry! Happy Anniversary. Maybe a do-over this weekend?

Catherine

citymama
05-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Happy anniversary and I hope you take the time to celebrate properly soon!

zag95
05-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Happy Anniversary.... use next weekend to make a plan and celebrate!!

infomama
05-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Our anniversary last year sucked, too. We did a do-over and celebrated on another day as if it was our real anniversary. It was totally fine.

I was actually venting to a friend about it and she gave me the idea to celebrate on another day. She said, "it's really not about the actual date on the calendar, it's about celebrating your marriage, your love...you don't need a set day to do that".

She was right. So right.

mctlaw
05-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Happy Anniversary, MamaSnoo!

I've had several anniversaries where the day was cruddy just because we couldn't make anything happen on the actual day, work/out of town travel and such, but we pledged another day as "for" our aniversary, such as a special weekend getaway etc.

I totally feel you with not feeling celebratory right now due to sheer exhaustion and other physical issues - in fact our next anniversary (early this summer) we should have a month month old or so so I don't think we will be feeling it then either !