PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland around Presidents' Day

SnuggleBuggles
05-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Updated time frame- we could go the Thursday or Friday the week before as well. Do you think one of those would be good? Should be, right?

Any idea if it is a mob on the days around Presidents' Day? Disneyland in CA. If it is super busy, is it bad Sat.-Tues. or would we be ok come Tuesday (peak crowds back to school)? I know some schools get breaks that time of year so guessing we may just have to deal with crowds as our times aren't negotiable. Anyway, if it is crowded, is it like August crowded or worse? That's all I have to compare it to; one August visit. :)

AnnieW625
05-03-2012, 12:54 PM
I grew up only going in August and going from park open to park close. Now that I am local though and the passes we have had in the past are blocked out in July/August we don't go.

Most school districts around here don't have the whole week of Presidents Day off, but I believe some classmates of DD1's went on the Friday after and said it was more crowded than the same Friday (3rd Friday when we went) in January. A good indicator for me is to look at the Disneyland website and see when the Southern California pass is blocked out (you can go 215 days with that one). If it is blocked out then then it will most likely be crowded. The Deluxe Pass would be another indicator or really busy days, but February probably isn't blocked out. Use zip code 90001 if they make you enter a zip code.

If you can swing it I would go the week before Presidents Day.

elektra
05-03-2012, 12:58 PM
I usually go to the DL site and look at what dates are blocked off for pass holders and assume those are going to be the most crowded days. :)

I think that Tuesday after President's day should not be too bad at all.

tny915
05-03-2012, 01:41 PM
We've been to DL for President's week this year and last year from Mon to Fri. Compared to our mid-August trip 2 years ago, it was just about the same crowds, maybe slightly better. Longest lines for us were around 30 minutes, but this is because because we get there at rope drop, don't do the popular coasters, and always leave mid-day for a nap to return for rides in the evenings. That said, we hate crowds. We'd never go to DL during June or July, but we'd definitely return for President's week since the crowds are manageable.

SnuggleBuggles
10-11-2012, 10:44 PM
bumping with an update question in OP

lalasmama
10-12-2012, 12:21 AM
President's Day is also, apparently, known as "Ski Week", which is when one of the local school districts gives the kids the whole dang week off. I was told it was mobbed last year that whole week.

I'll admit, though, that we're heading there for a long weekend (Thurs-Sun) of the week of President's Day (ie, the Thursday after Pres Day). It worked well with SO's days off, it worked with DD's school schedule, and it worked well with my work schedule. We know the crowds are going to be bad, and we're just going to deal with it.