PDA

View Full Version : Lands End Fit and Flare dress

SnuggleBuggles
05-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Anyone have it? I bought it and it arrived yesterday. Fit is pretty good all over (small) but I bought it because it didn't look empire on the model:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-sleeveless-cotton-modal-pattern-fit-and-flare-dress~237136_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::JLB&CM_MERCH=IDX_women-_-dresses-skirts&origin=index (http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-sleeveless-cotton-modal-pattern-fit-and-flare-dress%7E237136_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::JLB&CM_MERCH=IDX_women-_-dresses-skirts&origin=index)

It's empire (right under my chest) on me. Fit issue? Size issue? If you have this dress, how does it fit on you? I'm not small on top (nor big) but wondering if smaller chests= the difference between empire and right at the waist?

I really want to like it b/c it is so comfy; I just don't find empire to be my best style. :)

tribe pride
05-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I tried it on at Sears, and it didn't fit right on me. I usually wear a small, but needed an x-small in this dress. I'm fairly small-busted, and it just gapped too much in the chest for me to be comfortable wearing it without a cami. It was semi-empire waisted for me; not right under my bust, but a few inches lower. I liked the flowy feeling of the fabric, and it was very comfortable. Just too much gapping in the bust for my comfort. Otherwise, I thought it was cute!

anamika
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Just tried mine on. I have to size down but I love the look otherwise. It is not empire-waist on me but wondering if it will be if I size down.

tarnator
05-04-2012, 01:02 AM
I hate empire waist on me. But it doesn't look like it in the pic, so I guess you have to decide yourself once you try it on.

lizzywednesday
05-04-2012, 10:04 AM
I have a similar style to that which I thought would be flattering and have determined that LE's fit model is not built like I am, so I will no longer buy dresses from them. And I've since tossed the dress.

It's overall too short in its proportions, from the bodice seaming to the skirt length.

Pity, because I really wanted to like it.

SnuggleBuggles
05-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I am bummed to have to give up on this dress. It was a small petite, since I'm short, and is still too long. It could probably live with the empire but it's knee length (slightly above looks better on me). Not worth altering since it has 2 strikes. I don't know if a small non-petite would fit differently in the top, I forgot to try when at Sears yesterday.