PDA

View Full Version : Can I wear this dress with these shoes?

crl
05-03-2012, 11:27 PM
I just ordered this dress for a work related dinner at a fancy restaurant next week.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/suzi-chin-for-maggy-boutique-ruched-matte-jersey-dress/3093956?origin=PredictiveSearch&resultback=0

Can I wear it with my Cole Haan Air Talia Lace wedges in dark metallic silver?

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?catId=101&productId=384001&productGroup=383813

Thanks!
Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
05-03-2012, 11:36 PM
I think they look good together.

edurnemk
05-03-2012, 11:37 PM
I think they look good together.

:yeahthat:

crl
05-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks! Those are the most comfortable possibilies in my closet and I don't have time to shop, so that's good news. :)

Catherine

MamaMolly
05-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Yep! You are going to be a cutie patootie!

boolady
05-04-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm going to respectfully disagree. :bag For me, the shoes are a bit too casual for the dress, given the fabric of the dress and the heel of the shoe. You asked, so I'm just giving my honest thoughts, even though I'm the outlier.

crl
05-04-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm going to respectfully disagree. :bag For me, the shoes are a bit too casual for the dress, given the fabric of the dress and the heel of the shoe. You asked, so I'm just giving my honest thoughts, even though I'm the outlier.

Well, that's what I was wondering. But I thought maybe since it is for dinner out as opposed to a cocktail party it would be okay. Sort of using the accessories to dress the dress down a bit. Hmm.

Catherine

Green_Tea
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM

I agree. I think the dress calls for a more formal shoe. I think silver would look great, though - maybe a strappy heel?

crl
05-04-2012, 01:10 PM
My other shoe options are black. No time to shop. No one to borrow shes from as I have the smallest feet of all my firends and neighbors. Not going to order any shoes. I feel like buying a new dress is splurging enough. If I wear the black shoes, I will likely need to buy black hose as the black shoes are not very comfortable without hose.

Catherine

eh613c
05-04-2012, 01:17 PM

I agree too. However, if those are the only shoes that you feel comfortable wearing, I guess it's ok. Perhaps you can add something (statement necklace) to keep people's eyes up rather than your shoes.

crl
05-04-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm fine wearing my black shoes. Just not able to buy any new shoes at this point. And will need to wear black hose with the black shoes.

Catherine