PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Maxi-Cosi Pria 70? Do you like it?

candykat
05-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi -- I've been searching for threads on the Pria but can't find much other than the initial prototype reviews ... is there a reason nobody seems to have one IRL? I need a permanently-installed FF seat for a 2 year old, and I like the looks of the Pria. But comfort (for him) and ease of use (for me) are priorities too. We've got a Boulevard in the other car. It's fine, but I'd like a sleeker look for my car. (What can I say, that's how I roll!)

While I'm at it, any recs for a narrower seat to be permanently installed in our caregiver's Honda civic? Again, comfort, ease of use, and looks (I'm a minimalist) are driving my choice.

Thanks!

AnnieW625
05-06-2012, 09:57 AM
A lot people on the car-seat.org board probably like it. They are a good resource ESP. if you want something other than a Britax.

I personally really like my BLVD 70. I honestly though never thought I would buy another Britax after my DD1 pitched a fit in her old Marathon (the Marathon 65), but these new seats are soo much better. We also have the Roundabout 55.

This seat wasn't out a year ago when I had to buy seats again, but I definitely would have considered it if it was.

PegPerego Primo Viaggio SIP 70 (http://us.pegperego.com/babyproducts-catalog/2012/Primo+Viaggio+SIP+5_70+Convertible). Maybe this is a bit sleeker than the Blvd 70.

For your dcp's car I'd suggest the Evenflo Tribute, or Britax Roundabout 55. You could also try a Cosco Scebera, but the seat doesn't have much padding. I haven't actually used the Tribute, but have read good reviews about others. The Diono Radian would be the narrowest seat, but it takes up a lot of room rear facing so that might not be the best choice for a Civic.

legaleagle
05-06-2012, 11:19 AM
If the seat will be forward facing, I'd look at the combination seats like the britax frontier, evenflo maestro/securekid and the graco nautilus. The radians are pretty sleek looking as well because they're so low profile. I would definitely get something with headwings if he often falls asleep in the car.

hehateme
05-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Carseatblog.com has a good review for pria.
I saw one pria in person and it did not seem as nice as britax or peg perego convertibles.
The owner of the shop told me that she liked the older version of pria called priori much better. Even though this shop carried maxi cosines seats she told me that she could not recommend it. You can get priori for around $100 on clearance.

legaleagle
05-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Carseatblog.com has a good review for pria.
I saw one pria in person and it did not seem as nice as britax or peg perego convertibles.
The owner of the shop told me that she liked the older version of pria called priori much better. Even though this shop carried maxi cosines seats she told me that she could not recommend it. You can get priori for around $100 on clearance.

The priori isn't really comparable though - it is a tiny seat, more the size of the original 40 lb roundabouts or the combi coccoro. The pria is very very tall.

OP - the one person I know IRL who has a pria much prefers the marathon 70 they have in their other car.