PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Appreciation Day

njk07
05-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Need ideas. What are you giving your kids' teachers on Teacher Appreciation Day?

SnuggleBuggles
05-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I went in and took a pic of the kids holding a thank you sign (in years past, the kids have helped make it in secret). Got 5X7s, frames (one for the aide too) and had the kids sign cards. I prefer group gifts this time of year and my room parent slacked on me. I did this and it took an hour of my time; no biggie. I also offered to bring my teacher coffee, a treat or lunch- she chose coffee and I delivered that the other morning.

BayGirl2
05-04-2012, 04:23 PM
We have a whole group of teachers across 2 DCs and a whole week of celebration at our daycare. Still thinking of ideas. I had thought something like an Edible Arrangement that everyone can enjoy, but maybe make it myself so its even better? That would be nice for the morning teachers, but there are some there later in the day so I'm debating doing some kind of afternoon thing on another day. I feel seriously indebted to our center's director and teachers for all they do for my kids and for making my life significantly better. Just not sure how to show that. For the holidays we do individual gifts but I feel like a group thing is better for next week.

Realize daycare is a bit different than school, but I'm hoping I can get some ideas from you guys!

SnuggleBuggles
05-04-2012, 04:39 PM
We have a committee that organizes school wide things. Potluck luncheons, homemade muffins and juice, cookies and desserts, and things like that. They are pretty easy to coordinate for the whole school using tools like Google Documents' spreadsheets as sign up sheets.

Tammy
05-04-2012, 05:29 PM
My girls are still in daycare too. I made a homemade card for the teachers and will have DD1 write in her answers on the card for both of her teachers and then sign it and I inserted her picture inside also. It says things like My favorite thing about the day is -----, and You're a special teacher because -----. I will write in answers for my youngest though. I got the teachers (4 total) Target gift cards and also purchased some items for each of their classrooms and will make up a basket (books from the dollar bin at Target and a couple nicer books for each, crayons, pens, tape, markers, construction paper, pencils, etc). I'll probably also do flowers for them since DD1 says that's what she really wants to do, but just planning on giving them in the plastic sleeve and not with vases or pots. I'm not normally this ambitious and just do the gift cards, but this is my oldest's last year there and my youngest's first year there and really love the teachers.

bigsis
05-04-2012, 08:06 PM
We're doing the whole week:
Monday-something sweet
Tuesday-drawing from the children
Wednesday-a fruit--collectively will make a basket
Thursday-a thank you note
Friday-school supplies

I'm also in the committee that will serve the teachers breakfast for Monday and lunch for the rest of the week.

We've made scrapbook pages for the teacher that we will put the whole book together.

I'm also decorating the door. Like these:
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2010/04/15/teacher-appreciation-door-decoration-ideas/

ECMom
05-04-2012, 08:15 PM
There was a related thread last week:

https://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=431413&highlight=appreciation

njk07
05-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the ideas. My son and daughter are still in daycare so might be a little different but I'm sure I'll use some of your ideas. Thanks!

elephantmeg
05-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Is it usual to not hear anything from the school about teacher appreciation? Nothing in the e-mail news from the principal, nothing organized that I see. Do I still send something in or do I just wait and do something at the end of the year (we're out the first week of June). I am so confused!

wellyes
05-04-2012, 09:01 PM
It's something the room mom or PTO would organize. Or, if they don't, you can opt to do a little something on your own (nothing major). I think an end of year gift is separate - it is not an either/or.

It is ok to do nothing for teacher appreciation day.