PDA

View Full Version : S/O FB, do you post your birthdate (month, day, year)?

ourbabygirl
05-04-2012, 10:37 PM
And if so, will you ever remove the year from your profile/ info.?

I have the whole sh-bang, but I'm thinking maybe in 5 or so years I might be more vain and remove the year. :)

How about you? What do you have, and will you change it later on?

wellyes
05-04-2012, 10:39 PM
I had the year but removed it. Concerned about potential employers learning my age through aquaintences. Not that I'm that old, just that it's none of their business.

Snow mom
05-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I don't have any of it. I don't need facebook to remind my fake friends to wish me a happy birthday on my wall.

mom3boys
05-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I have it all. I'm not so worried about employers knowing my age because they can figure out my approximate age based on how long it's been since I graduated college anyway (unless I was some kind of child prodigy, which I was not). Actually from an employer perspective I was more worried about keeping a picture of my 3 kids on as my profile pic. I think they'd be more worried about that than my age!

waitingforgrace
05-05-2012, 12:42 PM
I have nothing about my birthday, although I'm not on FB under my legal name either. Not a fan of putting lots of personal info out there for everyone.

hellokitty
05-05-2012, 01:08 PM
I use a nickname instead of my first name and bday without yr, just feel that the yr is unnecessary info for ppl in general, unless they've got bad intentions (identity theft).

ZeeBaby
05-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I use only first and middle no last name. Day and month only.

roseyloxs
05-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Yes but I took my year off as soon as the option became available. More for privacy reasons then vanity. I also have a nickname up instead of my real name. I have a pretty unique surname and felt weird posting on public pages with it.

Pretty sure all my friends know how old I am anyway.

citymama
05-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Birthday and month but no year.

Uno-Mom
05-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Day and month. I never really thought about why. I don't care if people know how old I am. I just tend to put the minimum info needed across the board: I'm an active member on a different board and my posts clearly share my sex, but I still left "gender" blank in the info part. Dunno why.

I also left "employer" blank on fb but sometimes post links to my non-profit's special events. Anybody could know where I work if they cared to look.

I do like having friends know my bday. I like knowing theirs', too. There are plenty of people who aren't close enough to keep each other's birthdays cluttering up our calendars, but I enjoy having the chance to have them top-of-mind one day a year, and send them a note when I'm reminded.

klwa
05-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Month & date, yes, but I took the year off. Not because of vanity, and most of the people I'm "friends" with could figure it out. I just figured that it made it that much harder for anyone who was trying to scam.

I also put no employer info since I'm employed byt he state & don't want anything coming back to bite me because of what I wrote. Not that I write abotu political stuff, but you never know how things will be perceived.

MoJo
05-07-2012, 07:48 AM
I do like having friends know my bday. I like knowing theirs', too. There are plenty of people who aren't close enough to keep each other's birthdays cluttering up our calendars, but I enjoy having the chance to have them top-of-mind one day a year, and send them a note when I'm reminded.

I agree. I currently have my whole birthdate, but I might change that after my 40th later this year.

JBaxter
05-07-2012, 08:17 AM
I have the month and day. My "REAL" friends know the year.