PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner this week?

theriviera
05-06-2012, 12:19 PM
I am trying to plan our dinners this week and I'm feeling so uninspired. What's for dinner at your house this week?

vludmilla
05-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Falafel wraps (TJ's frozen falafel, hummus, cilantro, tomato, cucumer, and lime juice)

Low Carb cheeseburger pie

grilled chicken santa fe salad (black beans, romaine, cilantro-lime dressing, tomato, cheese, cilantro)

theriviera
05-06-2012, 12:31 PM
grilled chicken santa fe salad (black beans, romaine, cilantro-lime dressing, tomato, cheese, cilantro)

totally making this salad! i'll roast chicken breasts tomorrow night and then use the leftovers for this salad.

vludmilla
05-06-2012, 12:49 PM
totally making this salad! i'll roast chicken breasts tomorrow night and then use the leftovers for this salad.

It's one of my favorite salads. DH picked up a jar of The Cheesecake Factory's cilantro-lime dressing and it completely makes the salad for me. I also add a little bit of corn to the salad-didn't mention that before.

kijip
05-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I need to make a menu plan, with the added wrinkle that today is the first day of 30 where I am eliminating:

cows milk dairy
gluten
added sugar

Tonight I know I am cooking a leg of lamb with a huge greek salad and some rice.

Thinking spaghetti squash with meat sauce, a steak night, fish with roasted veggies, Lentil Soup, Ethiopian food since teff is gluten free. Obviously, I need to ax Friday pizza night.

I need to pin down the particulars.

bostonsmama
05-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Fish tacos on homemade tortillas

I made homemade potato bread & rolls, so burgers on that for lunch w/ avocado & caramelized onions, spinach salad

Miso chicken sandwiches w/ sesame ginger mayo & avocado

Cooking Light's Southeast Asian stir fry (it's oh-my-yum)

bigsis
05-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I need to make a menu plan, with the added wrinkle that today is the first day of 30 where I am eliminating:

cows milk dairy
gluten
added sugar

My DS has food allergies, for the most part, my dinners are free of: dairy, wheat, eggs, nuts, and shellfish.

Menu this week:
Monday-Crockpot french dip with salad (DS uses GF/EF/DF waffles for bread)
Tuesday-grilled chicken with mexican rice & beans
Wednesday-Happy Hour night for me and my hubby
Thursday-chile relleno with mexican rice and beans (will have cook something for my DS in lieu of chile relleno
Friday - stir fry with steamed rice

carolinamama
05-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Don't have it completely planned but I shopped today so I know we are having curry chicken, turkey burgers, grilled chicken caesar salads, and crustless quiche. I'll serve veggies or salads on the side and fresh fruit for the kids. I'm eating low/no carb right now so I'm trying to plan to accomodate that.

elephantmeg
05-06-2012, 09:45 PM
angel chicken
bacon cheddar broccoli quiche
impossibly easy mini chicken and broccoli pot pies
hamburgers
egg casserole bake

kijip
05-06-2012, 09:54 PM
My DS has food allergies, for the most part, my dinners are free of: dairy, wheat, eggs, nuts, and shellfish.

Menu this week:
Monday-Crockpot french dip with salad (DS uses GF/EF/DF waffles for bread)
Tuesday-grilled chicken with mexican rice & beans
Wednesday-Happy Hour night for me and my hubby
Thursday-chile relleno with mexican rice and beans (will have cook something for my DS in lieu of chile relleno
Friday - stir fry with steamed rice

Thanks for the gluten/dairy free ideas. There are a few other things I am eliminating but those are the only meal altering ones (easy enough to avoid strawberries for example.) It's an elimination diet to see what I can do to avoid migraines. After a month, I plan to still clear of sugar most of the time and challenge the other foods one at a time while taking careful notes.

Jacksmommy2b
05-06-2012, 10:08 PM
This week I know I am doing:

Scratch chicken pot pie, Roasted Eggplant parm, and roasted veggie pasta.

anonomom
05-06-2012, 11:49 PM
My loose plan for the week. I'm trying to "shop the pantry" and clear out the freezer, so it's more meat-heavy than most weeks:

Monday -- Slow-cooker beef stew
Tues -- Mexican Lasagne
Weds -- Marinated flank steak, sweet potato fries, probably broccoli
Thurs -- Don't know yet
Fri -- Spaghetti & meatballs