PDA

View Full Version : My *baby* is FIVE today!

Nooknookmom
05-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I cannot believe she is 5, really where did five years go? Its such a great age, everything is so new through their eyes. However Mama is having baby-girl withdrawals! Four is still "little", but five is big-girl, wah!

Oh well, I can carry around the cat and rock it ;)

ha98ed14
05-06-2012, 02:33 PM
I am *right* behind you! DD is 5 at the end of this month, and you are so right; 5 is not a baby anymore! Just this month, she lost the last of her baby-can't-pronounce-"th" words and all the other cutsies that made her my baby. She's headed for K in the fall and I am dreading it and loving it at the same time. I miss my baby! (not enough to have another one; but I understand the urge...)

TwinFoxes
05-06-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm having the same withdrawals, and my DDs are only 3 turning 4! They just seem so much older now. I miss their cute little toddlerhood. Pre-schoolers seem so grown up! When they go to K next year, I will lose it. Happy birthday to your baby girl! :)

crl
05-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Happy birthday to your baby!

Catherine

MoJo
05-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Happy birthday, big girl! And you know, no matter her age, she will always be your baby!

Seitvonzu
05-06-2012, 04:09 PM
oh my goodness-- i just told dh that "i don't want lucy to turn 5 and loose all her imagination!" he rolled his eyes at me...but 5? it's just too big.

of course, just last week he told this same child he wanted to "put her on pause because she's growing up to fast" -- so yeah, we get it :):):)

(happy birthday to your baby!)

liz
05-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Happy birthday to your DD!!

MamaKath
05-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Happy Birthday to DD2! :cheerleader1:
Makes me realize I am around here way too long, lol. :bag

jent
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
DD just turned five almost 2 weeks ago, so I know exactly what you mean! Loving this age and missing my baby at the same time.

Tondi G
05-07-2012, 01:37 AM
I know how you feel. My BABY just turned 7 on Friday and we've had a fun filled weekend.... but I have been on a roller coaster emotionally. I love watching my kids grow and develop into their own wonderful selves but man what I wouldn't do just to have my boys as a toddler/preschooler again, even just for a day.

Happy Birthday to your little girl!

Nooknookmom
05-07-2012, 02:10 AM
She had a great day, took her to her fav restaurant and they stuck a candle in her coconut cream pie and sang "Happy Birthday" to her. All went great until she tripped over Sister's foot on her new trampoline and sprained her ankle. It is her personality to go out with a bang!

Just like some of you, she starts Kindy in the fall, sniff, then she'll be all big for sure.

Alas, I have a "kid" now, on the bright side, her age doesn't end in "teen" yet-phew, I couldn't handle two of them!