PDA

View Full Version : Do you send a gift...

scrooks
05-06-2012, 02:20 PM
To every wedding you are invited to? I was invited to my mom's cousin's daughters wedding. I will not be attending (it is out of state)I have met her MAYBE half a dozen times in my whole life (my immediate family lives out of state from the vast majority of our extended family and have since i was very small). I did not invite her to my wedding but did invite her parents (my moms cousin). They did not attend. What does ettique say I should do? I really do not mind sending a gift (or$$) but I am obligated to?

TwinFoxes
05-06-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't feel you're obligated to. In general I do, but I haven't been invited to a wedding by anyone I don't know well. I know some of my second cousins (mom's cousins' kids) very well, one was in my wedding. I invited her brother, who I don't know as well, and he didn't come or send a gift. I didn't think it was odd.

kijip
05-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I always send a card and note of congratulations. I don't always send a gift, but most often I do, even if it is just a check stuffed into a card.

BDKmom
05-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't think you are obligated to. She probably just put you on the guest list because her mom wanted her to. I can see that being something my mom would do. "You can't leave out cousin so-and-so's kids!" I would say, if you feel like sending something, great, if you don't get around to it, no big deal. I'm sure she won't think twice about it.

MamaKath
05-06-2012, 06:28 PM
We do in a situation like that and my husband always makes sure it is $. Can't go wrong with a check. ;) Do you HAVE to? No.

lmh2402
05-06-2012, 07:46 PM
yes, we always send a gift even if we can't attend the wedding

Octobermommy
05-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Yes, I would in that situation.