PDA

View Full Version : What's a cheap yet good way to present flowers to teacher?

Tammy
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
I already have my girls' homemade cards for the teachers with a gift card, a basket with items for their rooms, but my oldest really wants to give her teachers flowers also (4 teachers total). I don't want to spend a lot of money, since I've already got their "gifts" done, but would like some ideas of how to cleverly present the flowers if I can pick some up at the store to keep costs down. Thanks!

swrc00
05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
I am a teacher and I love when my students bring me flowers that they got from around their houses. I have had students cut roses or whatever is blooming. Most often the stems are wrapped with foil. I have a vase in my classroom. If you want to buy them I would just buy one of the wildflower bunches that are usually around $10 and divide it among the teachers. A small potted plant would work too.

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I like potted plants instead. Something living that will keep growing is just nice. Your dd could even paint an inexpensive pot.

KpbS
05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
If you have any old jars around the house you can tear pieces of tissue paper and decoupage them on to the jar with some Elmer's glue and a bit of water painted on with a paint brush. The end result can have a pretty mosaic effect or any type of design.

rlu
05-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Last year we cut a few roses from our yard and presented to our very crunchy teacher in a clean but undecorated glass pickle jar. The reuse aspect made her smile.

We also have palm plants growing in the yard, usually a bane but they do make a nice background for a front-facing floral display. They make it a bit heavy though, so it probably wouldn't work with a small jar.