PDA

View Full Version : Study: Yogurt makes mice slimmer and sexier

wendibird22
05-07-2012, 01:18 PM
This is a hilarious news article about the benefits of yogurt (and their probiotics) on mice. Time to add more yogurt to my diet LOL!

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/yogurt-mice/kvIs7VHeCkife7BYGWnh7w.cspx

hellokitty
05-07-2012, 01:23 PM
LMAO, so the conclusion of the study is that male mice end up with, "the" strut and bigger balls, while the females become better moms? IDK if I want my DH to have a sexy strut and bigger balls, lol.

DietCokeLover
05-07-2012, 01:24 PM
I'd like to know who out there classifies a mouse as sexy.

infomama
05-07-2012, 01:48 PM

My thought exactly. Sexy mice? Uh...no.

tribe pride
05-07-2012, 01:59 PM
That is one of the funniest "scientific" articles I've read in awhile! We have an entire shelf in our fridge dedicated to yogurt, and DS2 is on a daily (sometimes multiple times/day) probiotic due to some intestinal issues. No strutting yet, though. But he's only 2, so we've got time. Can't wait to tell his GI dr that the probiotic has all these fabulous, figure-enhancing benefits! :rotflmao:

Next time someone tells me that they're struggling with the whole mothering-thing, I'm going to recommend they start taking more probiotics. Seriously, I can't wait to see if yogurt companies jump on this for marketing purposes.

crl
05-07-2012, 02:00 PM
How fortuitious. I just got myself a bowl of Greek yogurt (with granola and dried cranberries) for lunch and sat down to check the BBB while I eat it. :jammin:

Catherine

bostonsmama
05-07-2012, 02:10 PM
It's shame that 99% of the brands of yogurt out there have more sugar than a comparably sized 1/2c of ice cream.

I get the plain Fage 2% and add chia seeds, fresh fruit and 6 walnut halves. It's so yum. Local raw honey if I'm craving a pinch of sweet. DD loves it 100% plain, too.

Oh yeah....I can already feel how much better of a mom I am. ;)

Giantbear
05-07-2012, 02:12 PM
well, that explains the feelings i have been having when watching the Mickey Mouse Club

cvanbrunt
05-07-2012, 02:34 PM

These guys: http://www.jax.org/index.html