PDA

View Full Version : It's official....I think it has happened.....

AnnieW625
05-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I have grown apart from my mommy group. My mommy group consists of about 20 moms all whom I met around the time DD1 was 2 to 12 months old. The eldest kids in the group are almost 7 yrs. old and going into 2nd grade this coming year, DD2 is the 2nd youngest, and will soon be the 3rd youngest in August when a new baby is born. All of the kids except DD1, and one other girl all go to public school, and they are all clustered into 3 or 4 elementary schools. It is funny because there is an off shoot dads group and now I feel like the dads see each other more than the moms. I have not become best friends with any of them, and there are factions of the group who are super close so in a sense I kind of wish I had that, but I think it just kind of seals the deal that I am or have been growing apart from the group for some time now.

I am not sad, but it just feels weird. I ran into one of the moms at the store yesterday and it was great seeing her, but I realized I hadn't seen her since well before the holidays. I missed the going away party for the group's founder because it was a Friday night and I was dead tired. Four years or so ago I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

In the end I think it is funny how things change from being a mom of single kid to a mom of two. With DD2 I had no real inspiration to find a mommy group where as with DD1 I was all over finding non daycare playmates for her, and mom friends for me. I think part of the issue with DD2 was that everyone who had kids around the same age were either 1st time parents or SAHMs and I was a second time parent so things were just different with the first timers.
So thanks for reading my ramblings and just wanted to share a bit about what I feeling as I finally feel like I am moving on.