PDA

View Full Version : Thank you suggestions

kbud
05-07-2012, 03:09 PM
For some reason I am no good at gifts or the appropriate way to say thanks. I broke my ankle a few weeks ago and can't do much including drive (right foot). So my neighbor who we carpooled with is taking both my girls to school every day. I'd like to thank her, what's the most appropriate way?

GC to a restaurant, to a store, cash/check for gas $, or card????

Thoughts????

Thanks.

crl
05-07-2012, 03:46 PM
I have a friend who does similar things for me. I like to repay in kind, but this friend doesn't take advantage of my offers to babysit (her ds is special needs and I think she feels like it is asking too much of me). So I have done things like send her an edible arrangement on her birthday, given her a potted plant, and had her and her family over for dinner. I think/hope that those things make her feel appreciated.

Catherine

cas
05-07-2012, 04:02 PM
I would try to personalize it to her. Is she a "foodie"? Then I would go with a nice GC to a restaurant. Does she like wine? Maybe she really loves flowers? If she loves sweets you could bake her something.

Honestly, I think you really can't go wrong here. Your friend will appreciate the thank you, whatever it is. And when you're feeling better you can carpool for her and give her some extra time!

Hope you're feeling better soon!