PDA

View Full Version : Skittery wheel on Vista

Kaylee31
05-08-2012, 02:27 AM
Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't used my Vista much yet, since I've been wearing DD in the sling most places. I bought it secondhand but the frame is brand new. When I went for a walk yesterday on a paved path, the left front wheel would start shaking when I walked at a moderate pace. The faster I went, the worse it got. I couldn't really feel it in the push but it was really annoying to see. I had a fairly stuffed diaper bag in the basket, and DH thought the problem was that it was too light in the front. He suggested that DS stand on the front frame and hold the bassinet for a few minutes (not the safest idea, I know). This stopped the wobbling entirely. So I'm wondering if it's a fluke or I need new front wheels. It rained all day or I would have tried it on a smoother surface.
Here's a [kind of crappy phone] video of it: http://youtu.be/tnpTejB3UUY

hollissmama
05-08-2012, 09:15 AM
I say new wheel for sure, gorgeous stroller and baby though! Uppababy has great customer service, hopefully they can help you.

candaceb
05-08-2012, 01:12 PM
I had the same problem with my 2010 Vista. I callled UppaBaby CS, and they had me switch the front wheels. It didn't help in my situation and they ended up sending me a new wheel (which solved the problem) but it's worth a shot.

Kaylee31
05-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks ladies. I will try calling them, but most likely I will have to buy a new pair. Luckily they are only $40. Could be worse I guess. But I don't plan on buying used /without a warranty again. Too many quality issues these days with a lot of brands. I love the Vista, but for a stroller with a Msrp of $700, having these problems is kind of ridiculous.

hollissmama
05-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I totally agree w/ you. It does seem like there are a lot of issues with all the pricey brands and w/ warranty it's a simple phone call, without it is a pain. I bought a Bumbleride Flite off of CL that had serious quality issues and I had to pay over $100 for a new frame. I only buy new now since it's such an investment. I hope switching them works instead.

ditty
05-08-2012, 02:25 PM
I have issue with my front left wheel also and I have a 2010 Maya. I agree it doesn't really effect the push but it's so annoying to see it! I need to call CS and ask about it but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. . . I should though soon before my warranty is up!

BayGirl2
05-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I posted a while back that my Vista grew weird lumps in the back wheels. I think the gel in them formed together and the ride wasn't smooth at all. I was out of warranty, but I had bought new from a store and UB replaced mine for me. The skitteriness is really weird, never had that issue.

duojia
12-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't used my Vista much yet, since I've been wearing DD in the sling most places. I bought it secondhand but the frame is brand new. When I went for a walk yesterday on a paved path, the left front wheel would start shaking when I walked at a moderate pace. The faster I went, the worse it got. I couldn't really feel it in the push but it was really annoying to see. I had a fairly stuffed diaper bag in the basket, and DH thought the problem was that it was too light in the front. He suggested that DS stand on the front frame and hold the bassinet for a few minutes (not the safest idea, I know). This stopped the wobbling entirely. So I'm wondering if it's a fluke or I need new front wheels. It rained all day or I would have tried it on a smoother surface.
Here's a [kind of crappy phone] video of it: http://youtu.be/tnpTejB3UUY

Hi! I bought an Uppababy about 3 months ago. And the front left wheel kept turning. It does not touch the ground sometimes. Sometimes only the right wheel is moving. Especially when you go fast, it feels weird.