PDA

View Full Version : 6 laser hair remmoval sessions for $350 FULL BRAZILIAN

dec756
05-08-2012, 10:23 AM
is this a good deal for those of you who have done laser hair remmoval? I am (tmi) super hairy with super thick almost black hair EVERYWHERE and i am caucasion.

waitingforgrace
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes that's a good price. The place I go has a special this month which makes the full Brazilian $750 for 6 treatments. More important make sure it's a reputable place with a good laser.

To be honest full Brazilian would scare me because you have to get a super close shave prior to each treatment or the laser will hurt because it will burn the hair.

I'm having underarms and lower legs done, so far so good.

dec756
05-09-2012, 10:21 AM
i went ahead and took the plunge........ahhhhh almost $400!!!!!!!

Toba
05-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Does it REALLY work or does it just make the hair thinner or softer? What I mean is, does the hair eventually grow back? DH loved it when I got a full brazilian wax ONCE, but I was mortified. I'd love to do the underarm one since that is definitely off limit to waxing and I shave there every single day (as opposed to every few days for legs in the summer).

kellij
05-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Yes, would love an update on the outcome! :)

waitingforgrace
05-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Does it REALLY work or does it just make the hair thinner or softer? What I mean is, does the hair eventually grow back? DH loved it when I got a full brazilian wax ONCE, but I was mortified. I'd love to do the underarm one since that is definitely off limit to waxing and I shave there every single day (as opposed to every few days for legs in the summer).

No they have doesn't grow back. The laser basically fries the hair follicle and kills it. I do know that the hormones from subsequent pregnancies can cause more hair to grow and you might need a touch up treatment. I've had 3 treatments on underarms and it's definitely working. The six treatments are spaced to get all of your hair growth cycles. I've only had 1 treatment on my legs and they warned me legs are more stubborn. I'll update when I'm done and let you know how it is.

sntm
05-09-2012, 05:55 PM
It often doesn't grow back, but they advise that sometimes touchups are needed every few years. It is VERY dependent on the type of laser used, and the skill of the technician. I had 6 sessions done at a plastic surgeon's office, but the laser they used was an older technology (which I learned after meeting SO, who sold lasers) and I had a lot of regrowth. My underarms are pretty good now, after 3 more sessions with a newer technology laser, but bikini is still suboptimal. Am planning a full 6 session set with the new laser for both. (And I'm ideal candidate - fair skinned with thin but dark hair.)

Toba
05-09-2012, 10:06 PM
That's good to know, thanks. I'd say $350 for 6 sessions is a good price. My MIL went to a local plastic surgeon (it's an upscale spa, and the PS who owns it has his practice upstairs) and paid about $750 for 3-5 sessions (it was up to 5, and if he felt the job was completed in 3 or 4 sessions, you didn't get a refund). Hers was for her upper lip and chin; she'd been shaving it for years, which I really think made it worse.

ETA: Now, I'm wondering if it's the same type of laser that is used for skin procedures. I have keratosis polaris (very common, also called chicken skin) and instead of getting better as I age, it's getting much worse. I am very fair and the past few years, my cheeks get really red if I'm upset, angry or anxious (I have panic disorder). I mean, realllly red. But my complexion is really, really good ... when I'm not upset about something, my skin is almost flawless. I do get facials once in a while at the upscale spa my MIL went to that I mentioned above and I always have the same aesthetician and she felt it was rosacea (but I have no bumps when upset, just redness). I went to a really highly recommended dermatologist last year for the first time in almost 20 years for a full body mole check/removal. I was anxious about the procedure (and being naked!!) and my face must have been red because when he walked in, before he even introduced himself, he yells, "Keratosis polaris!" I looked at my arms (which are really badly affected by the KP) and he said, "No, your face." Then he goes on to explain about a laser procedure that can fix it. My point to this whole story is ... my legs also have KP, but not as bad as my arms. I'm wondering if the laser is the same kind of procedure and I can fix my legs (KP-wise and hair-wise) in one shot.