PDA

View Full Version : Question for you crafty types...how to bind printed sheets into a book (party favor)

TwinFoxes
05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
So we have a theme for DDs' party! (Octonauts). There are online printable coloring pages/games I can print out. But how can I put them together to look nice? I think it'd be a nice thing to put in the favor bags. Please keep in mind I am very craft challenged. I do not own nor know how to operate a glue gun. Many crafting terms are a foreign language to me. Any help is appreciated!

ljackson
05-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I would probably just punch two holes (or maybe even one) and tie them up with ribbon.

infomama
05-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I would print them on a little heavier weight paper (heavier than copy paper but not as heavy as card stock), punch one hole and use one ring in the corner. If you want to tie some ribbon to the ring and curl it that would be cute, too. http://www.amazon.com/Acco-Metal-Rings-Diameter-ACC72201/dp/B000093L0I/ref=pd_sim_op_2

ahisma
05-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Can you sew at all? I folded printed pages in half (2 half page images) and used a sewing machine to sew a straight line down the middle for DS's party favors. Took about 10 seconds each and looked great!

Otherwise, I'd just staple honestly.

new_mommy25
05-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Maybe you could use card stock or construction paper to make a front/back cover, then staple along the top or side to create a book? Then make a cover on your computer with an octonauts picture and thanks for coming to DS's party or something to that effect, and paste it onto the construction paper cover.

larig
05-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Can you sew at all? I folded printed pages in half (2 half page images) and used a sewing machine to sew a straight line down the middle for DS's party favors. Took about 10 seconds each and looked great!

Otherwise, I'd just staple honestly.

cool idea. :thumbsup:

TwinFoxes
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM
These are all good ideas. I think I may go with the ring in the corner or the ribbon. Infomama, thanks for the link. Ahisma, I haven't used a sewing machine since I was about 15. It was not a success. That seems like a cool idea, I'm wondering if I could convince my MIL or someone to do it...it'd probably be pretty with colored thread.