PDA

View Full Version : Just offer the job to someone already!

Simon
05-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I interviewed for a job a few weeks ago and was told they'd be making a decision/announcement on Tuesday.
On Friday, an email says, Sorry, early next week.
The next Friday an email says, You are still in the running. We promise on TUESDAY.
Well, business hours are over for today and, you guessed it, NO WORD.

I would assume they offered it to someone else and I'm further down the list but I haven't gotten a rejection either. Ugh. My chances are 1:3 and the wait.is.killing.me. We are moving in 3 weeks but WHERE? This job affects a planned cross-country move so it'd be nice to know. Sigh.

belovedgandp
05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
How annoying. So sorry for the flakiness.

misshollygolightly
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM
:hug: I can relate. I've been getting strung along a lot lately with various job and fellowship applications. The wait is especially stressful and frustrating when the outcome may involve a major move for you and your family. And of course you don't want to ruin your chances by pestering them for an update, but waiting patiently as they miss their own deadlines is just excruciating. Sending positive thoughts your way...maybe you'll wake up to some good news (or at least NEWS of some sort) in your inbox tomorrow!

mom3boys
05-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Ugh, sorry, that's so frustrating. I am waiting to hear if I've made the "next step" to an in person interview after undergoing THREE phone interviews, last week they said "early next week" but I've heard nothing yet, and like you where we move will depend on what happens and we need to make a decision. Hope it's good news when you get it . . .