PDA

View Full Version : Valco Zee Two or BJCMGTD?

Ollieboo
05-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I was going to wait on the BJ Versa, but I think I'm going to purchase a double instead.

I have narrowed down my choices to the Zee Two and BJCMGTD.

Reasons why I prefer the Zee Two:
It weighs less
It is easier to access the under seat basket (with baby #5 on the way, we cart around a lot of stuff)
It costs less

Reasons why I prefer the BJCMGTD:
The fold seems easier to execute
The canopies seem slightly larger (definitely a plus in the hot TN summer months)

We use strollers primarily on paved surfaces at amusement parks, zoos and on sidewalks/indoors. Like I said above, we end up needing storage space for carrying purchases and extras for all of the kids. DH is complaining that he hates double strollers because they are huge and bulky (we have a Chicco Cortina double which is awful and we never use it). I'm thinking he would probably prefer the Zee.

Thoughts? Should I look at something else?

legaleagle
05-09-2012, 01:56 PM
How old is dc4? They both seem like good choices - Does the adjustable handlebar on the GT sway your decision? Does the GT have a standing fold?

Ollieboo
05-09-2012, 02:58 PM
DC 4 is 12 months old and small for his age.

An adjustable handle is not a requirement as both DH and I are short. I'm not sure if the GT has a standing fold. That's at the bottom of the list of requirements. When we fold a stroller, it's usually done right next to our van and immediately put in the trunk.

legaleagle
05-09-2012, 04:12 PM
With 2 under 2, I really like the adjustable footrests and bumper bars of the zee. Why did you rule out the regular BJCMD?

hoodlims
05-09-2012, 05:01 PM
#2 for resale.

ebjw
05-12-2012, 09:49 AM
I was deciding between the two and the adjustable footrests on the Zee Two sold it for me. And I love how light it is! I think I'm officially just not a BJ fan though.

strollerqueen
05-12-2012, 12:57 PM
I was going to wait on the BJ Versa, but I think I'm going to purchase a double instead.

I have narrowed down my choices to the Zee Two and BJCMGTD.

Reasons why I prefer the Zee Two:
It weighs less
It is easier to access the under seat basket (with baby #5 on the way, we cart around a lot of stuff)
It costs less

Reasons why I prefer the BJCMGTD:
The fold seems easier to execute
The canopies seem slightly larger (definitely a plus in the hot TN summer months)

We use strollers primarily on paved surfaces at amusement parks, zoos and on sidewalks/indoors. Like I said above, we end up needing storage space for carrying purchases and extras for all of the kids. DH is complaining that he hates double strollers because they are huge and bulky (we have a Chicco Cortina double which is awful and we never use it). I'm thinking he would probably prefer the Zee.

Thoughts? Should I look at something else?

Have you thought about the Valco Snap Dual? Also has a big basket, carry handles, reclines, folds easily, pushes well, is cheaper, and only weighs 22 pounds!:yay:Sorry to get so excited, but a good light double is hard to find! :D