PDA

View Full Version : DH, what part of this don't you understand?

alleycat
05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I told you I don't want your mother here before, during, or after I give birth. Why do you keep asking me if she can stay here? I don't care if it's one day or a week, I don't want her here. I'm due in two weeks and I don't need the stress. Your mother is lazy and is not helpful. Despite asking you what she should make for dinner when she visits and running around the rooms cleaning with a handvac when you're home, she does nothing while you're at work. She doesn't help with the kids, she leaves her dishes in the sink, she leaves her junk every where. Oh but she does offer to let the kids play on her iPad, too bad none of the games are appropriate for a 4 and 2 year old. Having her here would add another level of stress. Yes, I would prefer asking a friend or my aunt to come over to watch the kids when we need to go to the hospital. Because these people will take care of the kids for a night or a day and leave. Your mother will stay and then proceed to tell me how to raise my children and tell me what I should or shouldn't do and eat. I'm not the one who told her to buy a plane ticket and arrive a week before my due date. We've told her that we don't need her help, why should I be obligated to let her stay here because that's when she chooses to come? If she can buy her own ticket, she sure should've thought about where she would be staying. And I do mean it when I say if she comes here, you can pack a bag and move out with her. And don't tell me she just wants to come for a few days to see her grandkids. Do you think it makes a difference to me? Yes, I'm being selfish but am I not allowed to be. I'm the one giving birth to your child. I am totally exhausted taking care of two kids while pregnant. This pregnancy has been the hardest so far. I don't need your mother here to add to my problems. I don't even want my mother here, why would I want yours?

So, DH, I will be giving birth in the next two weeks or so. Before means the days leading up to the arriving of your third child, during means while I'm at the hospital pushing the kid out, and after means coming home and adjusting to three kids. We've had this same argument each time I've been pregnant, and this is the fourth time during this pregnancy. Get it through your thick skull, I DON'T WANT YOUR MOTHER IN OUR HOME. Stop asking me if it's okay. IT'S NOT!

bekahjean
05-09-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm so sorry. Sometimes the best meaning people do the stupidest things. I hope that you don't end up with an unhelpful house guest right before the baby is born! You've got enough on your plate and deserve a good rest. :hug:

Simon
05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
We call this "answer shopping" where Dh knows exactly where you stand, but somehow thinks that by asking in different ways or on different days that you might change your answer. It is so frustrating and I am angry on your behalf that you even have to deal with this. Way too much stress at the end of your pg.

I hope your Dh steps up and things work out in your favor!

hillview
05-09-2012, 05:48 PM
that sucks. hold your ground! I agree with you and had the same position. This too shall pass!

hellokitty
05-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Ugh, btdt. Lots of hugs and good luck.

StantonHyde
05-09-2012, 11:04 PM
My favorite response to "answer shopping"---"Asked and answered". Period. End.of.story. Not gonna happen. You are the preggo one. You make the rules. DH's mother is the same way--lays around all day and then he comes home, jumps up to help. Thank goodness, she does not offer advice on kids etc and is really very easily entertained. You have it wayyyy worse!