PDA

View Full Version : S/O: explain tinted moisturizer and bronzers to me

BigDog
05-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Do you use tinted moisturizer in place of foundation? Would I apply it after I washed my face in the morning (instead of regular moisturizer?)?

Also how do you use bronzer? Is it in place of blush? Where do you apply it, on your cheeks? Forehead?

I'm very fair skinned and have wanted to try bronzer in the summer but I'm not sure how to apply it or what color would look good - they all seem so brown and orangey!

infomama
05-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Well I can answer the first one. I love my tinted moisturizer (I'm agent 8). I wear it almost everyday. I apply it with my finger.
http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-smooth-operator-tinted-moisturizer
That being said I really need more coverage these days so I have Clinique Superbalanced (thanks to wellyes) which is medium coverage.

lmh2402
05-10-2012, 10:41 AM
i don't wear make up often at all except for "big going out" occasions. :bag

but when i do, i use laura mercier tinted moisturizer, which i consider to be my "foundation."

i really like that it's light and i don't feel like i have too much "stuff" on my face. i tend to feel like my skin is suffocating if there is too much make up

perhaps as i get older i might need/want to consider wearing it more often. but for now, i stick with weddings and events as "musts" for this level of effort

again :bag

i've never used a bronzer, so can't comment there

urbanmommy
05-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Do you use tinted moisturizer in place of foundation? Would I apply it after I washed my face in the morning (instead of regular moisturizer?)?

Also how do you use bronzer? Is it in place of blush? Where do you apply it, on your cheeks? Forehead?

I'm very fair skinned and have wanted to try bronzer in the summer but I'm not sure how to apply it or what color would look good - they all seem so brown and orangey!

I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer as my foundation. It is not in place of your regular moisturizer - name is a bit of a misnomer. I put on serum, then moisturizer, then primer then my tinted moisturizer. I find that it gives me plenty of coverage and doesn't feel as heavy as regular foundation. If I need extra coverage I use a bobbi brown stick foundation just in the areas where i need it.
Bronzer can be used in place of blush but is usually in addition to it. You put it under your cheekbones, brush at your temples, on the bridge of your nose, and across your forehead. You might want to try bobbi brown shimmer brick. It goes on really light and just adds a hint of color and some nice shimmer (but its not glittery.)

AnnieW625
05-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I use Clinque's Superbalanced Mineral makeup, which when applied lightly is like a tinted moisturizer. Laura Mercier's TM is considered the gold standard of TMs, but I have dryish skin and it just doesn't work for me. When I use a bronzer I apply before I apply my blush, I use Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess. With bronzer you want it to look natural and you don't want your face to look orange.

I have fair skin with light yellow undertones, so if you have pink undertones then the Bronze Goddess may not work for you.

infomama
05-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Annie you may want to look into that tinted moisturizer I use ( see the link above). I also have dry skin and and argon oil plus that works great for me