PDA

View Full Version : stupid question about staples

lmh2402
05-10-2012, 10:44 AM
i have a document that i'm putting together for our au pair - we pick her up tomorrow (eeekkk!)

i want to put it into a binder, but i do not have a three-hole punch

DS has therapy tomorrow and there is a staples right near the place

could i bring my ipad or something and print it there, right onto 3-hole paper?

or a memory stick?

i realize this is probably really dumb - but i don't know how to do this stuff on my own outside of work!

thanks

SnuggleBuggles
05-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to buy a 3 hole punch? :)

ellies mom
05-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I would just buy a three hole punch too. It would probably be cheaper than having Staples print it and you can use it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmh2402

LOL

how rational of you!

i thought about that - but then i figured, i would be going into staples to buy the punch (and a binder...don't have that yet either)...and do i really need a 3 hole punch?

so i figured, i maybe i should just print it and put it together

but maybe you're right. i could just buy a punch, i guess...:wink2:

jenfromnj

This would work!

But yes, if you bring your memory stick to Staples, they can print and assemble it for you.

OKKiddo
05-10-2012, 11:03 AM
LOL

how rational of you!

i thought about that - but then i figured, i would be going into staples to buy the punch (and a binder...don't have that yet either)...and do i really need a 3 hole punch?

so i figured, i maybe i should just print it and put it together

but maybe you're right. i could just buy a punch, i guess...:wink2:

Or those plastic sheets that already have the holes punched and you can put the paper inside it?

jess_g
05-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I know you can print from a memory stick at Staples but you have to use the computer and then print from the computer. It costs about 10 cents per minute for the computer and 50 cents per page for black and white printing. This can add up realy quick as I found out while printing out my sons school project the other day. Then you would still need to find a hole puncher to punch the holes in. I think it would be easier to buy a single hole puncher and just punch the holes yourself if you can print it out at home. The single hole puchers are pretty cheap at Staples and Target.

Jen.

jgenie
05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I don't know about cost but if you're short on time you can email the file to the store and they can have it ready for you to pick up.

lmh2402
05-10-2012, 11:10 AM
thanks, guys

i'll look into the punch option tomorrow. but i'll bring the documents on a stick JIC is seems like it's easy and not too $$ to print out there on paper that already has the three holes in it

amatahrain
05-10-2012, 11:46 AM
At my staples they have a 3 hole punch available for use next to the self service copy machines. They also have tape, stapler, and paper cutter. If its available I'd use it and just buy a binder.

Globetrotter
05-10-2012, 12:15 PM
I would just buy the punch. You will need it later for school projects, etc..

stillplayswithbarbies
05-10-2012, 01:21 PM
you can buy paper that is already 3 hole punched and print directly on that at home. Much easier than punching your own.

niccig
05-10-2012, 01:26 PM
I would just buy the punch. You will need it later for school projects, etc..

Or for storing the gobs of paper that gets sent him from school in a binder. Our 3-hole punch sits out on a shelf as it gets used a few times a week.

MamaSnoo
05-10-2012, 02:16 PM
We use our 3-hole punch regularly, much more than our single hole punch. I think we have had it for about 12 years. Good investment.

Pear
05-10-2012, 03:44 PM
I would probably print the thing at home and then just ask them to bind it. They can pop it in a machine and have it done very quickly.