PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist and Learning Tower....

DietCokeLover
05-10-2012, 12:10 PM
I have my white LT listed on CL for $100. I have someone interested in it, but they are asking me if I am ever in their area to bring it to them. I am in that area a couple of times per week (I live in a tiny town about an hour from the metro area she is in).

It would be a minor inconvenience for me to haul it with me, but definitely do-able.

But now, I'm having some sellers regrets... but I think it's irrational. We hardly use it - it becomes more of a shoe holder, magazine stand than a useful piece of equipment in the kitchen area. Our kitchen is way too small for this thing. But, I just keep thinking... but these are supposed to be so wonderful.

Talk me through this and convince me to sell this monstrosity in my kitchen!

Ceepa
05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
First, you call it a monstrosity. ;)

Second, you don't use it so what's the benefit of keeping it?

Third, you can reclaim floor space. (This is huge, IMO)

Fourth, another family can use it.

Twoboos
05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
You just listed all the reasons! (All quotes from your posting.)

- We hardly use it

-it becomes more of a shoe holder, magazine stand than a useful piece of equipment in the kitchen area.

- Our kitchen is way too small for this thing.

- this monstrosity in my kitchen!

Not to mention, you'll get $100!!

Get rid of it. (I know what you mean though, it took a lot for me to sell our Phil & Ted's stroller, and DDs were 6&8 and physically too big for it! But it got out of our house and I got $250 for it, and the buyer was thrilled. Win all 'round.)

mickminmom
05-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Go for it!

Last month, I sold ours on CL for 100.

It was too big once we moved and the size of my kitchen shrank alot! We had enjoyed it alot at our old place and I was sad that we could not do the same at the new place.

I feel better now it is gone and I am not looking at it in the basement anymore...

hillview
05-10-2012, 12:52 PM
get rid of it if you are not using it.

cntrymoon2
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Definitely sell. And if you're not making a special trip to that area, then I don't see a problem to bringing it along to make the sale. $100 is a good CL price, I think you did well. AND, if you really miss it and want to replace it- then you can probably pick up another for about $100 on CL.

twowhat?
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Sell. We've hung onto ours with the whole "this thing is supposed to be wonderful" mentality. Our girls have hardly touched the thing in the past year.

miki
05-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Sell it! I sold ours for $100 also and replaced it with a Kik-Step http://www.kikstep.com/ and I've got no regrets. The kids use the Kik-Step and so do I.

Melaine
05-10-2012, 03:10 PM
I loooove the LT but at this point I would get rid of ours if DS wasn't coming along. Your kids and my kids are outgrowing it's usefulness I think at their ages. I think you will be fine to sell it.

Jo..
05-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I was soooo happy to reclaim the space at the end of our kitchen island.

Get a small step-stool. You will be much happier (and richer).

kijip
05-10-2012, 04:09 PM
First, you call it a monstrosity. ;)

Second, you don't use it so what's the benefit of keeping it?

Third, you can reclaim floor space. (This is huge, IMO)

Fourth, another family can use it.

And fifth, you will be $100 richer! I bet you can think of a few things you would enjoy that $100 could help you with.

DietCokeLover
05-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Ok, thanks everyone! I got an email back from the CL girl. She is disturbed that it has a couple of scuff marks on the bottom of the LT. So she is thinking about it.

Whatever.