PDA

View Full Version : Another craigslist MB question

KonzaPrairie
05-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi,

My running partner and I realized training for our next event together would be easiest if we had a double jogger (I have a 6 month old and hers is 8 months). I found this one on CL. Can you help me identify the model and if it would be good for jogging? I was not able to get the $50 one I posted about last week :(

http://houston.craigslist.org/bab/2982966286.html

Thanks!

MamaBear
05-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Not a great choiceif you'll be using it for a little light jogging now and then. And (you've probably heard this before, but just in case you haven't), running with an infant is discouraged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

hollissmama
05-10-2012, 07:03 PM
That looks like a great deal, I would snap that up. I'd say it's 2007-2009 since they changed the hood to seperate canopies for 2010. But everything I have read says that are great for jogging.
I almost bought a 2007 Urban double for $350 so that is a much better deal!

But I have also heard jogging before a year old can be unsafe.

KonzaPrairie
05-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I checked it out today and decided not to get it (yet!). The push was AWESOME and it was super sturdy, clearly well built. Unfortunately, the fabric was clearly worn and there were what looked like mildew stains on the canopy. There was also a metal piece on the canopy that had busted through the fabric. Both buckles were missing the pieces that attach the shoulder straps to make it a 5 pt harness. So... If there was an easy way to replace the ric and get new buckle pieces, it would be perfect! Coincidentally, today I also found a bob duallie for $100! No idea if I have a chance at it since bob's are snatched up really fast! But clearly I do still have plenty of time before I need one, because yes I do still have 6 months to go before DD is a year old! I was just getting excited about these good deals :)