PDA

View Full Version : And the award for...

anonomom
05-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Baby product that seems like a totally stupid waste of money but is actually really really useful goes to...

The Wubbanub.

(if you haven't seen one, here's what they are:
http://www.amazon.com/WubbaNub-tm-DRAGON-Pacifier/dp/B001BXREG8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1336692215&sr=8-10)

I saw these in the store when I was pregnant with DS, and thought they looked cute but silly. Still, I ended up buying one with a coupon some time back. My son, who won't generally take a paci (none of my kids ever have), LOVES his Wubbanub. I give it to him when I strap him into his carseat and he stops fussing instantly, even if he doesn't actually suck on the pacifier part. And I just put him down to bed -- I nurse him down and as usual, the second I put him down he started to cry. I happened to have his wubbanub in the room with us so I popped it in his mouth and, miraculously, he calmed down and went to sleep.

I'm a total convert. And I kind of wish ours was the adorable dragon I linked to. (we have the duck. Its name is "sucky ducky.")

amatahrain
05-10-2012, 08:10 PM
We are huge fans of the wubbanub pacifiers. DD has had several different ones but her favorite is the pink elephant "elli". My niece lives with us and will chew a hole in the pacifier if she get a hold of it so we currently have several Elli's on hand. DD likes to hide her and say "mamma where elli go?" usually she in under the covers but yesterday she was in the toilet! Thank God she didn't flush.