PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE 13 enormous bags

hillview
05-14-2012, 03:12 PM
I have 13 enormous contractor size trash bags of toys and clothes/shoes are on my front porch ready to be picked up tomorrow morning. I did virtually ALL of it myself. I also have 3 of the bags filled with trash. I am making progress!!

Update!
Ended up being 15 bags waiting on the porch for pick up and 5 bags of trash.

YET there is still a lot more crap! Egads.

SnuggleBuggles
05-14-2012, 03:53 PM
I got rid of a storage box of baby clothes, 8 bags of my clothes and I still have a ton of stuff to go through. Then I can tackle toys! I'm feeling more ruthless than normal...that's a good thing because we have way, way too much stuff!

Good job!

hillview
05-14-2012, 03:55 PM
I got rid of a storage box of baby clothes, 8 bags of my clothes and I still have a ton of stuff to go through. Then I can tackle toys! I'm feeling more ruthless than normal...that's a good thing because we have way, way too much stuff!

Good job!

Good for you!! I am also being RUTHLESS. My kids (even DH) would faint at what I am giving away. However I just.cannot.live.like.this.any.longer.

I am super impressed with 8 BAGS of YOUR stuff. WOW!

SnuggleBuggles
05-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Good for you!! I am also being RUTHLESS. My kids (even DH) would faint at what I am giving away. However I just.cannot.live.like.this.any.longer.

I am super impressed with 8 BAGS of YOUR stuff. WOW!

Misspoke- that was all of our clothes but mostly dh and I. Probably mine most of all. I emptied my drawers and thought, "how many bumming around the house t-shirts do I truly need?". If it turns out I need more than I kept, I can always get more. :) I also got honest about things just didn't fit well. I pulled out things that, even if nothing else was clean, I would avoid wearing. Just remembered I need to empty out another drawer. I prob. don't even need to look at the stuff in there. I never go in that drawer so I can't possibly miss it, right?

Seitvonzu
05-14-2012, 04:16 PM
you guys are AWESOME

hill-- i agree- i canNOT live like this anymore. honestly, my husband and i had a really horrible argument this weekend that was probably about 50% caused by the shear fact that there is TOO MUCH STUFF in house.

he is NOT the shopper ;)

KrisM
05-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Great job! Purging toys is on my list as soon as school gets out. We will hit one room at a time and get through it all.

hellokitty
05-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Awesome! I've got about 10 bags of stuff so far, BUT I am doing a yard sale the first wknd of June and I still need to tag it all, ugh!

larig
05-14-2012, 06:18 PM
that is amazing! congrats!!! :cheerleader1:

niccig
05-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Great job! Purging toys is on my list as soon as school gets out. We will hit one room at a time and get through it all.

This is me. I've got to get through this week and then school is pretty much over for me (1 online class to take final in mid-June). I'm dying to get in and purge, purge, purge. I'll be much more visible on this forum.

hillview
05-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Ok update in OP. I need to set goals for myself I think.

infomama
05-16-2012, 08:36 AM
You're inspirational! I am holding on to so many clothes and toys thinking I'll be putting them in a garage sale that will likely never happen. Thanks for the motivation.

peanut520
05-21-2012, 10:05 AM
You're inspirational! I am holding on to so many clothes and toys thinking I'll be putting them in a garage sale that will likely never happen. Thanks for the motivation.

:yeahthat:

This is the prefect thread for a monday! I am holding on to so much stuff things to give to my brother or my best friend. my bf and husband came over this weekend and he half jokingly said that he only wanted dd's burberry clothes/coats and the rest is junk that we no longer want so that has inspired me to purge. (yes, i was offended at this statement since the items are all perfect condition toys, books, and baby accessories that dd has outgrown. i donate everything i didnt like or wasnt in perfect condition or just something i would not keep for my own child) i figure it is time to go through any only keep what i want to keep for my brother if they become blessed with a child soon.