PDA

View Full Version : John Deere tractor toys?

acmom
05-14-2012, 07:44 PM
TRU is having a buy one get one 50% off sale on the John Deere toys and I was thinking I might pick up 2 for my DS's 2nd bday. Anyone have any of these? There are so many similar looking ones online - it is hard to tell what size they are or which might work the best. I am looking for something he might be able to use out in the yard. Any recommendations?

Nicsmom
05-14-2012, 07:48 PM
We have one. Not sure what the model is. We bought it for DS1 when he was 3 1/2, and we wish we would have bought it when he was 2. He LOVED it. Now DS2 is 2 and LOVES it. We've had it for 4 years and it looks like new. It is a great toy.

acmom
05-14-2012, 07:51 PM
We have one. Not sure what the model is. We bought it for DS1 when he was 3 1/2, and we wish we would have bought it when he was 2. He LOVED it. Now DS2 is 2 and LOVES it. We've had it for 4 years and it looks like new. It is a great toy.

Thanks - that's good to hear! Is it a tractor or one of the other kind of trucks?

ETA: Looks like there are a few sizes of tractors, including one with lights and sounds. Any idea what size it might be? TIA!

Nicsmom
05-14-2012, 09:27 PM
It is a tractor. It looks like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Peg-Perego-Deere-Tractor-Trailer/dp/B00015MFXO

It is small, but DS1 who is 7 sometimes rides on it... it is very sturdy and has enough power to carry DS1.

ecofem
05-14-2012, 10:01 PM
which ones are you interested in...my son has a lot of these (he's John Deere obsessed) so I would be happy to offer up opinions on specific ones.

We have everything from the sandbox excavator and dump truck to the larger ride ons.... both the ride on gator and the lawn tractor. *yesIrealizetheboyisspoiled*

He has been John Deere obsessed since he was 2... so for over 3 years now.

acmom
05-14-2012, 10:17 PM
which ones are you interested in...my son has a lot of these (he's John Deere obsessed) so I would be happy to offer up opinions on specific ones.

We have everything from the sandbox excavator and dump truck to the larger ride ons.... both the ride on gator and the lawn tractor. *yesIrealizetheboyisspoiled*

He has been John Deere obsessed since he was 2... so for over 3 years now.

Thanks - that would be great! I was looking at the 15 inch big scoop excavator and the lights and sounds big farm tractor. (I would get a tractor without lights and sounds, but don't see that option other than much smaller or big ride-on). He is getting a big dump truck from the grandparents and is also getting a different ride-on, so I had ruled out those. He has a bunch of small indoor trucks, so I was looking for something decent sized for the playing in the yard (dirt, sand, etc. and possibly the basement in the winter).

echoesofspring
05-14-2012, 11:28 PM
My aunt picked up something like this at a yard sale and DS has been *obsessed* with it since his first bday about a month ago. Some days it's the only toy he plays with, pushing it back and forth and back and forth all day long. I recently got him a bigger one from costco thinking he might enjoy it, but I'm actually not sure it's getting the love the old one does:

http://www.amazon.com/John-Deere-Big-Scoop-Tractor/dp/B002IC0T8G/ref=sr_1_36?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1337052343&sr=1-36