PDA

View Full Version : So, I think I have figured it out.

hellokitty
05-15-2012, 08:42 AM
The best word to describe my mil is that she's a dementor. DH has said in the past (his words, not mine) that she, "sucks the joy out of everything." I was just thinking about this yesterday (after another annoying mother's day with mil), that she is basically a dementor, but just not as freaky looking. Her super power is making everyone around her feel upset and crappy.

Staraglimmer
05-15-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm sorry.

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 7/1/12

Gracemom
05-15-2012, 09:13 AM
I have been known to describe someone in my family that way. Not fun. Now we need to conjure a patronus to protect ourselves from them!

karstmama
05-15-2012, 09:54 AM
or maybe 'emotional vampire'...that's my bff's old boyfriend. he just loved to stir the ****.

infocrazy
05-15-2012, 09:59 AM
I call my mom Grandma Killjoy.

She isn't as bad as some of the stories I hear on here, but she definitely looks at the negative of everything. I swear if she won the lottery, she'd complain it wasn't the $650M one!

zag95
05-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Gotta watch out for those dementors- if they get too close, they suck the life out of you.

Good visual.

Clarity
05-15-2012, 10:55 AM
:grouphug: You know, it's hard to be forced into relationships with people who you would otherwise avoid. If it were anyone other than an in-law, we'd be counseled to break off contact for our own mental health. Seriously.

(I had to google to find out that this is a Harry Potter reference. I really must start reading those books!)