PDA

View Full Version : BJCMGT Double or hold out for the VB Spark to come out?

moll73
05-15-2012, 03:11 PM
So, I had finally made up my mind to get the BJCM GT Double, but then I read about the Spark coming out mid-July. Think it will be worth the wait? Anyone find any dimensions on it yet? I have a 6, 3, 16mo, and 1 OTW, so I primarily decided to go with the GT for the higher weight limit and seat height (plus fold, canopy, etc.). I'd love something now, but I guess I could wait if need be.

legaleagle
05-15-2012, 03:35 PM
The reversible seats look awesome - but if you have huge DC, they'll likely be much smaller than the GT seats. Have you considered the stroll air my duo? You can get air tires for it too.

moll73
05-15-2012, 04:17 PM
The reversible seats look awesome - but if you have huge DC, they'll likely be much smaller than the GT seats. Have you considered the stroll air my duo? You can get air tires for it too.

Thanks so much for the rec. I had not heard of that stroller before. Looks like a great one and certainly full featured. I just watched Baby Gizmo's video on it and my concerns were narrow seats and bulky fold. Definitely seems like a fantastic stroller for twins though!! My kids are all pretty tall.

hollissmama
05-15-2012, 04:55 PM
The GT is really nice for older, taller kids. I think you have to sacrifice reversible for a bigger seat, seems like most reversibles have smaller, bucket like seats. I thought the strollair seats seemed narrow and the weight limit low. I love the higher limit on the GT but if you could wait maybe try so you don't have stroller regret. The spark looks pretty cool.

moll73
05-15-2012, 08:24 PM
The GT is really nice for older, taller kids. I think you have to sacrifice reversible for a bigger seat, seems like most reversibles have smaller, bucket like seats. I thought the strollair seats seemed narrow and the weight limit low. I love the higher limit on the GT but if you could wait maybe try so you don't have stroller regret. The spark looks pretty cool.

Thanks, Amber! I had my first (long, hilly) walk around the block w/o a stroller tonight with my 3yo and 16mo. Besides a few excursions into neighbor's yards and mud puddles, the 16mo did amazing, but of course, it was the 3yo, who said, "I can't breathe." "I'm hot," and "Carry me" over and over. It's too bad so many of the strollers are lacking in the bigger seats b/c it tends to be the preschoolers who want to ride, not the toddlers! :wink2:

moll73
05-15-2012, 08:25 PM

Oh, and I think I saw in another thread that you just got the MB Duo?? How is that with your bigger boys?

hollissmama
05-15-2012, 10:15 PM
It is pretty great! I really like a lot of things about it. But there are some things I don't too.

Everytime we go for a walk my older kiddo ALWAYS wants to ride and my 2.5 yr old ALWAYS wants to walk, well run really. It is silly. I think doubles are pretty important if you walk a lot and I do for my own sanity I need seats for both.

I am not sure I am keeping the Duo so am still looking...there is a new stroll air my duo on my CL that looks appealing but I need to see if it will work with my tall boy. I love reversible seats! Once I bought my Vista I realized how awesome they are.