PDA

View Full Version : How's everyone doing?

BDKmom
05-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Seems like the traffic for this forum has dropped off a good bit here recently. How's everyone holding up? Are we all just so tired of being pregnant that we're sick of talking about it? I know that there are several of us due in the next 10-14 days. Hope everyone is hanging in there!

I'm doing pretty well. I feel like DD has moved lower in the past week or so, which makes breathing easier and heartburn/acid reflux less of an issue. I have had very swollen feet for the past week...wearing slippers once I get to work and flip flops to and from. I think I have gotten most things done that I wanted to do before the baby, although haven't quite finished up the curtains for the nursery. I'm getting excited about meeting her and seeing DS with her. He talks about "baby sister" more and more. He likes to visit the nursery every night before bed.

So far lots of BH, but nothing very painful or regular at all. I'm expecting to go the whole 40 weeks. DS was born the day before his EDD.

edurnemk
05-15-2012, 04:25 PM
I still have 7.5 more weeks to go, doing very well. I don't know if I'll get to my EDD since DS was born at 38 weeks exactly. My hip pain has gotten better, but I've been getting heartburn for the first time in my life!

DD went from head down to somewhere between breech and transverse, so I'm doing spinning babies in the hope at she'll turn and stay turned while she still has room to maneuver.

DS is excited but is starting to resent the attention for DD a little bit, with al the showers and preparations.

With DH in South America until the day I turn 37 weeks, I'm a bit nervous. I feel there's so much to do before DD is born and I have to do it alone. And I keep thinking what if DD is early and DH is not here!

Melaine
05-15-2012, 05:52 PM
I have been reading a lot but not posting because I'm not great at NAK yet! I've been watching for birth announcements because I think a lot are due this month. (DS is now almost 4 weeks old).

swissair81
05-15-2012, 05:55 PM
I am fine. I have my aches and pains, but I will deal with them. I'm currently contemplating bringing my kids to the Wiggles concert when they come to town. I'm turned off by the fact that I will be more than 37 weeks by then and the venue is more than 30 minutes driving in the wrong direction from my hospital (which is already 30+ minutes from my house). It is also on Friday afternoon. DH says no, but I keep thinking about it because I know they will love it (or at least I hope so- they're more familiar with Sam than Greg).

MSWR0319
05-15-2012, 07:15 PM
I have been reading a lot but not posting because I'm not great at NAK yet! I've been watching for birth announcements because I think a lot are due this month. (DS is now almost 4 weeks old).

:yeahthat: I think a lot of us have newborns and are reading but not posting. Seems there was a baby book late April/early May and then another wave coming here in the next few weeks. DS is 2.5 weeks and I just don't have the energy to post much. His sleep habits are killing me!

ETA boom not book. That's what happens when you NAK of an iPad!

mommylamb
05-15-2012, 09:13 PM
:yeahthat: I think a lot of us have newborns and are reading but not posting. Seems there was a baby book late April/early May and then another wave coming here in the next few weeks. DS is 2.5 weeks and I just don't have the energy to post much. His sleep habits are killing me!

:yeahthat: While I was on maternity leave. Now I'm back at work and can post more during the day (yes, I knoe that's bad).

Can I just say... I already hate pumping!

SkyrMommy
05-15-2012, 09:16 PM
All is well here, today was my one hour glucose test... bleh, I had forgotten how vile that drink is. Hopefully I'll pass the same as with DD. My sciatica pain isn't getting any worse, but it's not any better either.

And the nesting has begun. I'm redoing a bathroom for the two kids & it's kind of awkward to lay tile & set grout with a round belly in the way! Baby boy's room is next after the bathroom things are put back in place soon.

Names for im are killing me though... I have one I love, DH isn't too keen on it, and DH has his favorite that I'm not too keen on. I think I'll be searching through past boy name threads soon.

mmommy
05-15-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm due next Tues. doing ok. Baby has dropped down to stage -2, I'm almost 100% effaced, but not dilated at all. Contractions sporadically since Sat. I'm tired!
Had a girls night last night with friends and now I'm ready to just have the baby. It's a VBAC, so I'm just hoping I start to dilate on my own soon!
I hope everyone else is hanging in there!

BDKmom
05-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Glad all the new mommies are doing well. I assumed y'all have a lot going on. Just wondering how those of us still playing the waiting game are holding up. Glad everyone seems to be hanging in there ok. I'm sure we will be getting another flurry of announcements in the next few days!

daisymommy
05-16-2012, 10:51 AM
My due date is in a little less than 2 weeks! But I honestly wonder if I will make it that long. I'm in all over body pain, can hardly walk, roll over in bed, get up from the couch without wincing...not fun.
I'm having contractions every night, and taking a long hot bath to make them go away. I know I could just bring it on and baby would come, but mom already had plane tickets purchased for my due date, and we have no other family here (only part time babysitters who have their own kids). I also know some brain development goes on into week 39.
So really, I'd prefer to wait if possible!
But, I'm so tired of being pregnant at this point, and just want to hold my baby girl!

swissair81
05-16-2012, 12:08 PM
All is well here, today was my one hour glucose test... bleh, I had forgotten how vile that drink is. Hopefully I'll pass the same as with DD. My sciatica pain isn't getting any worse, but it's not any better either.

Forgot to mention that my glucose test is next week (26 weeks) I already went out and bought my jelly beans to bring with me. Then I have my next appt at 28 weeks and every two weeks thereafter. Time to start feeling like I live at the doctor's office. My pelvis is starting to separate on both sides. I'm sure that will continue to be not fun.

mctlaw
05-16-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm 38 1/2 weeks and waiting for a high level ultrasound right now, so I'm not sure how I am. Could use any PT and I will post again later.

BDKmom
05-16-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm 38 1/2 weeks and waiting for a high level ultrasound right now, so I'm not sure how I am. Could use any PT and I will post again later.

Lots of P & PT for you and baby. Hope everything is OK. Let us know when you can.

KLD313
05-16-2012, 02:11 PM
I feel fine but imfrustrated and currently without medical care. Around 14 weeks I was diagnosed with an antibody issue and was referred to a perinatologist by my home birth midwife. The comditon is under control and right there is no harm to the baby. Initially my midwife said it was no big deal and since it was my first pregnancy with this issue it should be fine and she wanted to continue treating me. Over the next two months we had two more similar conversations. At my 22 week appt she tells me that her back up (who would most likely be the one delivering the baby) isn't comfortable with it and that they want to transfer my care to someone else.

Couldn't she have figured that out two months ago so it would have been easier to find a new midwife? They're all booked now. I'm just pissed because I feel like now I'm going to end up with another c-section. Idk where to go now and my options are limited. Another midwife told me to stay home until I'm filly dilated then go to the hospital. That may be my best option but I still need cAre in the meantime.

mctlaw
05-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Lots of P & PT for you and baby. Hope everything is OK. Let us know when you can.

Thanks BDKmom. Scare is over. My dr, in trying to figure out why this stubborn boy in me won't stay headown as a transverse position is quite rare at this point, was looking at me with his in office ultrasound and thought he saw a possible cervical obstruction. This was out of the blue as there were no placenta previa concerns at my 20 week ultrasound. So he sent me for a high level ultrasound after my OB appointment today.

There is no previa, thank goodness, but still no explanation for why this kiddo likes the transverse position other than the abundance of fluid I have.

lmh2402
05-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Thanks BDKmom. Scare is over. My dr, in trying to figure out why this stubborn boy in me won't stay headown as a transverse position is quite rare at this point, was looking at me with his in office ultrasound and thought he saw a possible cervical obstruction. This was out of the blue as there were no placenta previa concerns at my 20 week ultrasound. So he sent me for a high level ultrasound after my OB appointment today.

There is no previa, thank goodness, but still no explanation for why this kiddo likes the transverse position other than the abundance of fluid I have.

so glad your US showed no previa issues! p&pts for a head-down little man very soon :hug:

ETA: i'm doing alright. i'm 31.5 weeks. i'm exhausted. tons of contracting. had some brown blood sun/mon. i am really pretty over the issues of this pregnancy. (it was so much easier last time.) but i'm so not ready for a baby to be here yet. starting to really stress out that i've done pretty much nothing. the room where baby is going is painted. and waiting on furniture. but i need to start sorting/washing clothing. find my breast pump. find the pnp. you know...get all our stuff together. i've literally done absolutely nothing. and i'm so freaking tired that i don't want to do anything once the day is over with DS. i just want to sit on the couch - like now - and then go to bed.

swissair81
05-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Passed my jellybean (glucose) test yesterday, but of course I'm anemic. I have a new prescription for iron to take everyday. Surprise.

ArizonaGirl
05-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks to you guys I finally got online and found the article referencing the jelly beans as an option for the glucose challenge and am going to try and convince the Dr. tomorrow to let me do that instead.

Send good vibes please, I barely kept the drink down last time and the N/V are worse this time.

He has got to let me do this, right?

daisymommy
05-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Okay ladies, I've had enough of the pain and daily contractions for the last month. I would not be shocked if I was at least 6cm by now (have always been that far by my due date with the other babes).
I think I'm going to lose my mind from the chronic pain.
So, at today's midwife appointment I'm going to ask if tomorrow she'll come out to the house and break my water if I'm actually progressed that far.

Cross your fingers for me something happens by Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roseyloxs
05-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Forgot to mention that my glucose test is next week (26 weeks) I already went out and bought my jelly beans to bring with me. Then I have my next appt at 28 weeks and every two weeks thereafter. Time to start feeling like I live at the doctor's office. My pelvis is starting to separate on both sides. I'm sure that will continue to be not fun.

Jelly Beans? What's that all about? I am still a few months away from the glucose test and I am already dreading that awful little concoction.

jjjo1112
05-24-2012, 10:39 AM
My little one is almost 3 weeks old, so I have been reading mostly but not posting :) I was also re-hospitalized for 4 days for an infection and am still on the mend from that. I saw the doctor yesterday and was finally given the go ahead to resume normal activities with the kids. Yay!!

BDKmom
05-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Okay ladies, I've had enough of the pain and daily contractions for the last month. I would not be shocked if I was at least 6cm by now (have always been that far by my due date with the other babes).
So, at today's midwife appointment I'm going to ask if tomorrow she'll come out to the house and break my water if I'm actually progressed that far.

Good luck! I can only imagine what you are going through. I hope things get moving along soon.

I'm so ready to have this baby! Due next Wed, but I find this waiting game to be torture. Having sporadic contractions, but nothing very painful or regular. Every day I wake up thinking "today is the day," even though with DS I delivered the day before my due date. I don't remember being this way with DS. I think I was more nervous, this time I just want it over and to bring my baby girl home. How many more days will I have to tell DS that baby sister is "coming soon?"

mmommy
05-24-2012, 11:12 AM

The random daily contractions are horrible. I found it really hard to go through them and keep it together. You're not "in labor" according to most, but I was becoming a nervous wreck wondering when the next one would come, if my reaction would scare DD, etc. You probably are very dilated. I really went right from the sporadic contractions into transition - skipped over "active labor" entirely. I credit a spicy dinner and a vigorous scrubbing of the bathroom for kicking things into high gear.
Best of luck!

swissair81
05-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Jelly Beans? What's that all about? I am still a few months away from the glucose test and I am already dreading that awful little concoction.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10561636/

Here's a link to the study. I've done it for two pregnancies and it's awesome.

mctlaw
05-24-2012, 03:10 PM
My little one is almost 3 weeks old, so I have been reading mostly but not posting :) I was also re-hospitalized for 4 days for an infection and am still on the mend from that. I saw the doctor yesterday and was finally given the go ahead to resume normal activities with the kids. Yay!!

Congratulations! :cheerleader1:

Good luck! I can only imagine what you are going through. I hope things get moving along soon.

I'm so ready to have this baby! Due next Wed, but I find this waiting game to be torture. Having sporadic contractions, but nothing very painful or regular. Every day I wake up thinking "today is the day," even though with DS I delivered the day before my due date. I don't remember being this way with DS. I think I was more nervous, this time I just want it over and to bring my baby girl home. How many more days will I have to tell DS that baby sister is "coming soon?"

You two are closest to my due date (this Sunday!) I hope to be sharing congratulations with at least one of you within a week from now! My babe is still returning to transverse after 3 versions, so he is really keeping us guessing here. Thankfully, I have an OB who is a vaginal birth advocate and he will turn baby as long its physically possible, but I wish this stubborn kiddo would cooperate!

Puddy73
05-24-2012, 04:55 PM
My babe is still returning to transverse after 3 versions, so he is really keeping us guessing here. Thankfully, I have an OB who is a vaginal birth advocate and he will turn baby as long its physically possible, but I wish this stubborn kiddo would cooperate!

Sending p & pt that your boy turns around! DD2 was transverse for the longest time and finally flipped a week before she was due.

BDKmom
05-24-2012, 05:14 PM
You two are closest to my due date (this Sunday!) I hope to be sharing congratulations with at least one of you within a week from now! My babe is still returning to transverse after 3 versions, so he is really keeping us guessing here. Thankfully, I have an OB who is a vaginal birth advocate and he will turn baby as long its physically possible, but I wish this stubborn kiddo would cooperate!

Hopefully all 3 of us will have productive weekends and be swapping birth stories soon. Mojo to you that your DS gets into position and stays there!

daisymommy
05-24-2012, 07:24 PM
At my appt today I started having some bleeding (yeah! Funny how in situations like this that's a good thing). So I'm hoping labor will start soon.

But if not, my midwives agreed to come jump start things Sat morning! I'm both scared, nervous, and excited all at once at the soon to be reality of a new baby on the way!

Puddy73
05-24-2012, 09:51 PM
At my appt today I started having some bleeding (yeah! Funny how in situations like this that's a good thing). So I'm hoping labor will start soon.

But if not, my midwives agreed to come jump start things Sat morning! I'm both scared, nervous, and excited all at once at the soon to be reality of a new baby on the way!

Sending short, easy labor vibes your way!

Puddy73
05-24-2012, 09:56 PM
I had my Level II ultrasound yesterday and was surprised to learn that it is a BOY! :) I was sure that it was a girl so I'm trying to adjust my thinking and brainstorm some names. Unfortunately they also saw a soft marker for Down Syndrome so my risk is now at 1/50. I had the Materniti21 test so I'll find out in a week or two, but I'm really a nervous wreck. I didn't like the genetic counselor and I left the test feeling really negative instead of happy and excited.

SkyrMommy
05-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Glucose test passed... belly feeling enormous. And at today's appointment I was getting scolded for my weight gain in the last four weeks (7.4lbs) until the midwife measured my belly & said "oh, it seems like he's going to be a big one. Maybe most of the weight is his growth." Um... no kidding that is what I was trying to tell her. Made me laugh though, as she was measuring and commenting DS gave her a good kick right where she was pressing! He's already sticking up for mama! :ROTFLMAO:

SkyrMommy
05-29-2012, 09:52 PM
I had my Level II ultrasound yesterday and was surprised to learn that it is a BOY! :) I was sure that it was a girl so I'm trying to adjust my thinking and brainstorm some names. Unfortunately they also saw a soft marker for Down Syndrome so my risk is now at 1/50. I had the Materniti21 test so I'll find out in a week or two, but I'm really a nervous wreck. I didn't like the genetic counselor and I left the test feeling really negative instead of happy and excited.

:hug: I hope everything turns out ok, with DD we ahd a soft marker as well and my risk went to 1/70, and all ended up fine when the last round of tests came back.

swissair81
05-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Today I called my OB complaining of a 3 day headache from #$#^%#. I also am having trouble standing upright without getting lightheaded and needing to sit down. At this point I'm wondering whether I may have to see him before my scheduled appt next week. I do NOT have time for this.

edurnemk
05-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Has anyone had nausea come back during the 3rd trimester?

I felt pretty nauseous about a week ago, while driving to work (almost had to pull over), but today I felt awful after breakfast, and I did throw up. I have an OB appointment on Thursday, so we'll see what he has to say.

Puddy73
05-30-2012, 01:03 AM

I did with DD2, always in the morning. I would drag myself into work, and slowly sip a big cup of ginger ale with crushed ice. It usually passed after an hour or so. Hope you feel better soon!

SkyrMommy
05-30-2012, 09:18 AM

I did just after seven months with DD, I wonder if part of it was her pushing on my stomach? Some foods though just set me off and I'd much rather just sip ginger ale as PPs have said. I'm getting close to that time with this baby and am not looking forward to it. Maybe it will be different this time. :praying:

mctlaw
05-30-2012, 09:50 AM

Congrats on your boy, Puddy73! I hope the testing goes as hoped; you will be in my thoughts.

mctlaw
05-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Not all the due mamas saw action over the weekend! Here I sit, 3 days post date. However, I'm really not wanting labor vibes at this time because my OB had a mild heart attack over the weekend and will not resume 24 hour call until Monday.

swissair81
05-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Present for all the mamas who are due (and who have irritating friends and relatives)- http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

lizzywednesday
05-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Present for all the mamas who are due (and who have irritating friends and relatives)- http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

Thank you for that link; I sent it to my sister.

She's not even close, but I'm sure she'll need it.

swissair81
05-30-2012, 01:06 PM
I sent it to a friend who is starting to get irritating facebook messages. She assures me it will be put to good use.