PDA

View Full Version : DH usually rocks, but this is not his week...

anonomom
05-16-2012, 09:19 AM
I know I have no business complaining about DH because he's usually wonderful, but he must be having an off week. Today was the silliest "offense" so far:

The kids are sick this week, so DD offered to do a quick grocery run this morning to I wouldn't have to drag them to the store. I wrote him a list and told him exactly where in the store he could find the one item I knew he hadn't bought before (frozen Perdue chicken fingers). He came home without them and said "they don't have those anymore. They only have store brand chicken." Well, I knew that wasn't true, so I ran out myself to get them. And yes, they're remodeling the store, so the nuggets weren't in the exact case I'd directed DH to. They were in the case immediately behind it. If DH had bothered to glance over his shoulder, he would have seen them.

Seriously. The man has a master's degree. And yet it doesn't occur to him to look around for a moment before assuming the store has simply stopped carrying anything but store-brand nuggets?

At least I got the satisfaction of proving him wrong.

Still-in-Shock
05-16-2012, 09:35 AM
I have coffee mugs that say Mr. Right and Mrs. Always Right. You could use those right now. He could have also asked in the store for help, but men don't ask for directions. ;)

mom3boys
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I cannot tell you the number of times I've described an item or something I need DH to get and he has come back saying "They don't have it anymore" or similar-or gotten me the wrong item. He also rushes through the store and doesn't look carefully at anything (prices, ingredients, age-appropriateness, etc). I asked him to get some baby food in those "sacks" like Ella's or Happy Baby, and he came back with a bunch of packets (other brand) and I was like, "Did you notice these all say for children 24+ months?" Our son was about 7 months old.

I also once asked him to run to a BRU to get a gift for a baby shower we were attending later that afternoon (both men and women were invited to the shower). A BRU had recently opened in a shopping center that was close to us, but that I was unfamiliar with--I checked BRU's website to confirm it was the closest. Well, DH came back and said the BRU didn't exist, it wasn't there. I said it MUST be there why would it be on the website? He said it must have closed! So, with something like 1/2 hour left before we were to leave for the shower I ran out to the same shopping center--it was split into a "West" and "East" and to get to the "West" part you needed to go over this little bridge that spanned a highway. Needless to say, that's where the BRU was, I had no problems finding it. I'm SURE DH could have asked someone!

BabbyO
05-16-2012, 01:05 PM
yes...I've experienced the same thing with DH many times. I also love how he is able to feed the entire family (he does 98% of the cooking because he WAH and is done working more than an hour before I get home) but is completely flummoxed at what to pack for the kids lunches. Then when he asks me what to pack and I give suggestions he can't find them in the fridge.

Some times they are so blind!

niccig
05-16-2012, 05:06 PM
My DH would have called me several times while at the store asking if roma tomatoes are OK for the salad or should he get the vine-ripened tomatoes. And then he would have come home with an extra $100 worth of things we don't eat.

It's why I just do all the grocery shopping, easier and cheaper.

nmosur
05-17-2012, 09:48 PM
I joke that whenever the produce manager sees my husband walk into the grocery store, he/she picks up the rotten/unripe/inedible produce from wherever they store and lays it right on top of the good produce. Every piece fresh fruit/vegetable he picks up from the store will have something wrong with it - he picks up whatever is right on top within reach.