PDA

View Full Version : Toddler's Crib Talk

hehateme
05-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi:

DS1 is 2 years 10 months old. He is talking non stop from 6:00 am when he wakes up to 8:00 pm when he goes to bed. He talks with strangers, teachers and us. Even when he is playing on his own he is talking to himself. He has great vocabulary and memory.

We have been putting him to bed at 8:00 pm. Even when lights are turned off we hear him talking to himself for 15 minutes. He is talking about his day at school and reciting a book we recently read to him.

In the past two week he has been doing his crib talk for 30 minutes or more.
I did look up online and found that it is called crib talk. Kids do this between the ages of 18 to 24 months.

DS1 is well over his this age. Are we putting him to bed too early?
Should we have any cause of concern?

Thanks

BDKmom
05-16-2012, 01:59 PM
My DS is 2 yrs 3 months and does this all the time. It's pretty cute, actually. He will recount the days events, talk to his stuffed animals, etc. He went through a phase where he would talk for almost an hour sometimes, but we just kept bedtime pretty consistent (he was definitely showing signs of needing to go down). I think it's just their way of processing the day's events and winding down. IMO, as long as he isn't crying or upset, and still gets a good night's sleep, nothing to worry about.

Giantbear
05-16-2012, 02:03 PM
23 month old dd who sings herself to sleep some nights. It is her way of unwinding. Tape it if you can ;)