PDA

View Full Version : I think some of our recommendations are getting predictable

swissair81
05-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Did you ever notice that you can tell what many of our regular posters will recommend before you see their posts? For instance, when I post, the likelihood is that I will either recommend a Mountain Buggy or Bee+ (I wanted to use myself as an example, because I won't feel picked on when I do).

rin
05-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah, absolutely, but I don't necessarily think that's a problem. I mean, if the question's the same one that's been asked before, the answer will probably be the same too, right?

swissair81
05-16-2012, 02:29 PM
It's not a problem, I just thought it was mildly humorous that I often know what a poster will say before I read their post.

Eagletmom
05-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Hmm maybe we should spice things up and change our predictable answers. :tongue5:

ditty
05-16-2012, 03:28 PM
I think people, including myself, come here for advice on things that are tried and true from the stroller pros. So even if they're predictable, that's what people are looking for, your honest opinion on what works for you and why, and if you think it will work for them. I know I have benefitted a lot from the advice here. My wallet and bank account would argue otherwise though as I now own 5 strollers ;)

swissair81
05-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Hmm maybe we should spice things up and change our predictable answers. :tongue5:

Nah. There's a reason we're all predictable. We are all firmly convinced that we know what the best stroller is :D

crl
05-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I am sure you all can guess what I'm going to say before I say it. :

(Bob, Indie, Cybex Onyx, you need two strollers. . . .)

Catherine

swissair81
05-16-2012, 04:49 PM
I am sure you all can guess what I'm going to say before I say it. :

(Bob, Indie, Cybex Onyx, you need two strollers. . . .)

Catherine

I knew BOB and Indie. I guess I don't pay attention to umbrellas as much. Either because I don't have one or because I just don't like them.

Eagletmom
05-16-2012, 06:32 PM
I knew BOB and Indie. I guess I don't pay attention to umbrellas as much. Either because I don't have one or because I just don't like them.

I was thinking about trading in my beloved bee for a mutsy free rider, but I just can't because when it comes down to it the free rider is an umbrella stroller. I I just can't seem
To find the love for a two handled light weight, perhaps if I didn't need that extra hand I would love them :-/

swissair81
05-16-2012, 06:34 PM
I always need extra hands.

Multimama
05-16-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't think our recommendations are *too* predictable. I have a BJCM as of today :D and if I had seen that one coming I wouldn't have given away my BJCE bumper bar. :banghead:

legaleagle
05-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Ooh, do tell! Which color?

Multimama
05-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Ooh, do tell! Which color?

The blue one in this thread (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=390532). There you can also read where I say, "Lucky for me I have no desire for a BJCM." :rotflmao:

Took it out today and love it so far!

legaleagle
05-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Nice! I saw that at BBB - so pretty!

WatchingThemGrow
05-16-2012, 10:20 PM
I do think it is predictable, but only to the extent we've actually owned and used something. Posters are looking for someone who has owned a certain type or brand of stroller, had a certain age/combo of kids, and can vouch for that combo working in a certain set of circumstances.

We usually just tell what we know, not what we think, if that makes sense. It goes without saying what stroller I recommend a lot because, once again, as we walked to our preschool picnic tonight, it performed like a champ.

Multimama
05-16-2012, 10:31 PM
I do think it is predictable, but only to the extent we've actually owned and used something. Posters are looking for someone who has owned a certain type or brand of stroller, had a certain age/combo of kids, and can vouch for that combo working in a certain set of circumstances.

We usually just tell what we know, not what we think, if that makes sense. It goes without saying what stroller I recommend a lot because, once again, as we walked to our preschool picnic tonight, it performed like a champ.

Oh, I know this one! BJCE! :)

It's true. I always recommend the Superlite because I :heartbeat: my Superlite.

WatchingThemGrow
05-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Oh, I know this one! BJCE! :)

It's true. I always recommend the Superlite because I :heartbeat: my Superlite.
:ROTFLMAO: Actually, the D is important on the end ;) with a valco hitchhiker board underneath!

hollissmama
05-16-2012, 11:01 PM
It's called good taste. ;) I think it's definitely experience. Plus with all this buying and selling I need to pass on my opinions to other people, makes it all seem worth it.

I love buying the tried and true strollers too...which I precisely why I want a Bee+ now.

Multimama
05-16-2012, 11:07 PM
:ROTFLMAO: Actually, the D is important on the end ;) with a valco hitchhiker board underneath!

You know, I was seeing double in my head. :) I actually was remembering all the things I loved about the BJCE today as I was testing out the BJCM. If it hadn't been too wide for the bus that could have been exactly the right stroller for us. Does the double still have air tires? I'm disappointed they ditched them on the single.

ETA: Oh, it has been discontinued, right? What will you recommend once it is gone??