PDA

View Full Version : If money were no object....

GoBlue
05-16-2012, 02:21 PM
....and you were having twins, would you get the Donkey?

My BFF lives in South Africa, pregnant with twins, and I'm trying to help her with gear. I've always been anti-Bugaboo, just on principle from a cost perspective, but for twins the Donkey seems perfect (and, cost is not important in this case). Is there something else you'd look at, or just get the Donkey and be done? They live in Cape Town, which is very hilly, like San Francisco, so push is important.

THanks for the help!

edurnemk
05-16-2012, 03:02 PM
After getting to see my friend's Donkey in person last week, yes I would buy a donkey if I had twins or my kids were very close in age. I know there are some other similar options now (Valco Spark I think?) that I'd probably look into before making up my mind, but I woudl strongly consider the Donkey.

ETA: For me reversible seats are a must. If they weren't there'd be other options I'd consider over it.

moll73
05-16-2012, 03:52 PM
I juat learned about the Stroll Air My Duo yesterday, and I think it would be great for twins. Takes 2 carseats, or 2 bassinets, and the seats can be reversed. Here's a link to a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxIA9eKcHlI. I have not seen the Donkey in person.

swissair81
05-16-2012, 04:15 PM
No. I wouldn't. I think my Mountain Buggy has a far superior push. I also have tall genes and I already have 2/4 kids who would not have fit into this stroller by age 2. Considering that my kids are mostly 2 years apart, that makes it almost useless. I'm not just saying this from looking at it online. I have actually tried it out in person.

Multimama
05-16-2012, 07:57 PM
No. I wouldn't. I think my Mountain Buggy has a far superior push. I also have tall genes and I already have 2/4 kids who would not have fit into this stroller by age 2. Considering that my kids are mostly 2 years apart, that makes it almost useless. I'm not just saying this from looking at it online. I have actually tried it out in person.

But if they were twins they wouldn't be two years apart. :)

I would buy the Donkey if I were having twins and money were no object. I would also buy the StrollAir and the Spark Duo and then I would do a nice review. :) Oh, and an Emmaljunga Cerox 360.

crl
05-16-2012, 08:15 PM
I'd at least take a look at the Mountain Buggy Duet for twins. But I'm not big on the reversible feature.

Catherine

swissair81
05-16-2012, 08:21 PM
But if they were twins they wouldn't be two years apart. :)

that's true. I was thinking of if I'd buy one for my own kids if money is no object.

Multimama
05-16-2012, 08:23 PM
FWIW, I think if *I* were actually having twins I would get several great singles and several great baby carriers, especially if I were living outside of the US where everything is less double stroller friendly.