PDA

View Full Version : I really want an MB +One

KLD313
05-16-2012, 02:34 PM
But i'm not sure if it's the best choice. I like that the one in the back isn't down on the ground like the other inlines. DS is due late Aug and DD will be 23 mos. I already bought a BJCMD it have no clue if I will like it, I have a feeling after pushing a bee and an MB swift the push will annoy me but time will tell.

The only time I really use an A/T is outside for walks and if we go to a zoo, aquarium or something like that. I can't imagine I would want to take a +one to the mall, or would I?

Does it push as well as a SBS? Is it huge and cumbersome? What's the fold like? Does it sound like I need this or would something else better suit my needs?

KLD313
05-17-2012, 10:18 AM
No one has this? Really? Lol

Multimama
05-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Swissair has one. And someone else who even did a review of it if you search.

Sorry, I don't know anything about it, but it sounds like it would be great for your uses.

shmeetz
05-17-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't have it but I tried it in the store and didn't like it so much. I tried to put my almost 2 year old in the back part and she basically refused. the feet of the back rider go into this small pocket and she didn't like the idea of being restricted like that. I'm not a MB user in general so maybe if I loved MBs I would love this but it didn't really compare for our needs to the b-ready or BJCS or vista w/ rumble

swissair81
05-17-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't have it but I tried it in the store and didn't like it so much. I tried to put my almost 2 year old in the back part and she basically refused. the feet of the back rider go into this small pocket and she didn't like the idea of being restricted like that. I'm not a MB user in general so maybe if I loved MBs I would love this but it didn't really compare for our needs to the b-ready or BJCS or vista w/ rumble

That might possibly be your child. My 3.5 year old loves his little cave in the back. He's 90+ percentile for height, so it's not like he's little.

swissair81
05-17-2012, 01:20 PM
But i'm not sure if it's the best choice. I like that the one in the back isn't down on the ground like the other inlines. DS is due late Aug and DD will be 23 mos. I already bought a BJCMD it have no clue if I will like it, I have a feeling after pushing a bee and an MB swift the push will annoy me but time will tell.

The only time I really use an A/T is outside for walks and if we go to a zoo, aquarium or something like that. I can't imagine I would want to take a +one to the mall, or would I?

Does it push as well as a SBS? Is it huge and cumbersome? What's the fold like? Does it sound like I need this or would something else better suit my needs?

Look, it depends what you want it for. It works well for things it works for, and it doesn't work well for certain other things. My +One is currently my only double. I own a Duo, but it is in storage, and if I get it back this year, I'll be lucky. I will have the same (approx) age setup as you in this stroller. I currently have 2 toddlers in mine. DD3 sits in the front, and I guess she'll stay there until my new baby outgrows the carrycot, which will probably take a while (mine tend to be fairly small). I'm due late August and DD3 will be 2 around the same time. It's not amazing if you are expecting your older child to be able to sleep in the stroller. I use it both in and out of the car- and I am grateful that it is as narrow as a regular single MB. I have already tried 2 BJCMDs and sold both of them within a fairly short period of time. The harness straps were no good for my little houdinis and the MB ones are not negotiable. They stand strong against toddler tyranny (which is awesome). I do not consider it huge- it's about the same size as a single MB- and just a little longer. The fold it the same as any other MB. It fits easily into the trunk of my Odyssey, and it's even been on a road trip with 3 days worth of luggage for 6 people in the same space. It's not as good in terms of push as a MB SBS, but in my mind it totally beats the BJCMD and leaves it in the dust. I am having not inconsiderable pelvic issues at 25 weeks pregnant, and I can push it fully loaded with one hand, and I can even bounce it up and down the stairs (we're staying in a second floor apartment). I'm happy to answer specific questions you might have.

KLD313
05-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks Swissair. Is it too big to use as an everyday stroller and mall stroller. I'm guessing no because it's narrower than the BJCMD, right? Or is it longer so harder to turn and maneuver in tight spaces like a store? I really have a feeling I'm not going to like the BJCMD, I only bought it because I got it at a good price and I wanted purple. I wonder if I'm better off selling it brand new in box because I haven't even opened it yet and put the money toward something else. If I only have one double would a Duo be better than a +One?

swissair81
05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
It is definitely narrower than the BJCMD, and it is far easier to maneuver in the mall (I can even push it through our gymboree- and that is an accomplishment). I can't give you an objective opinion about the BJ (I'll be totally honest here) because I despise it. I would sell it brand new, if you are considering selling it, because you will get a much better price. I cannot fit a Duo in my car without taking off the rear wheels (and possibly cracking the tailgate). So if you are going to need a car double, I would get (or at least try out) the +One. I use my Duo for walks around the neighborhood. I'm not planning on selling it ever, so I assume that if I bought it for $500 and wear it into the ground, I can be free of guilt. The +One, OTOH, is used for everything. I've taken it to the doctor's office, and the zoo, and the children's museum. When we went on our now infamous Chicago trip, we toured the city with it. It came to Navy Pier, restaurants, hotel elevators, everywhere. I would never be able to do that with my Duo (and I am an unabashed Duo fan). It's just not maneuverable enough.

KLD313
05-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks so much! Your thoughts really helped. I think im going to take my DD to BRU and try the BJCMD and see if I hate it.

swissair81
05-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks so much! Your thoughts really helped. I think im going to take my DD to BRU and try the BJCMD and see if I hate it.

Try and borrow a second kid of a totally different weight. You should try it out with two. Ideally both with another toddler and with a smaller baby.

mom3boys
05-17-2012, 05:00 PM
I have a +One as well. I previously had a BJCMD for my 2 older kids when they were little.

I love my +One, like it much better than my BJCMD. However, I did like the BJCMD all right when my kids were newborn and not yet two. It pushed fine, the folded size was good, worked for a newborn, decent storage. The two things I didn't like--the width (I go grocery shopping with my strollers and I could only go through the "handicapped aisles" with the BJCMD because it was so wide) and how much harder it got to push as the kids got heavier. It would list to one side and be harder to turn.

I love the +One because the push is much better, it is narrower, and it is a great shopping stroller in singles mode with a kid up front. I agree with swissair it has the feel of a single. My kids like it, even my 5.5 year old rides in the back sometimes (they do like their "cave"). However, I never used it with a newborn, DS3 was 5 mos. old when I got it. So with a newborn, using the back as a storage area is not an option since the newborn goes there.

The +One is my only double but the age difference between my kids is larger, (3 years), so I only need an occasional double which is one of the reasons I like it.

BayGirl2
05-19-2012, 03:50 PM
I also have one and love it. We use it daily to go to and from daycare and I occasionally shop with it. It is very easy to manuever, the exact same length and a P&T. I posted several pictures here if you search by my username.

We also have a SBS double but only use it outdoors and for all day excursions like the zoo when DS needs to climb in and out. He is 3 and loves the back seat of the +one. He's never complained about the foot well feeing constrained, if its set up right there is plenty of room.