PDA

View Full Version : best snap 'n go frame?

lmh2402
05-17-2012, 12:44 PM
i've never had one before - with DS we lived in the city and rarely used our car or the car seat.

this time, unless i find another stroller option that is relatively easy to fold down and throw in the car, i'm want to get a snap and go for quick trips.

which do/did you like best?

thanks

lmh2402
05-17-2012, 12:55 PM
oh wait...this might be the dumbest question ever, right? so are there really not options for frames b/c it depends on the seat you have..right? if you have a graco, than you get the graco frame. if you have chicco, than you get chicco frame

is this right?

sorry to be so dumb :duh:

legaleagle
05-17-2012, 01:29 PM
There are quite a few brands of universal frames (though they might not fit some of the less common seats), I believe the Mac easy traveller is the favorite around here.

lmh2402
05-17-2012, 01:31 PM
There are quite a few brands of universal frames (though they might not fit some of the less common seats), I believe the Mac easy traveller is the favorite around here.

ok, good - now i don't feel as stupid. thanks!!

Multimama
05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
But I think the Mac Easy Traveller has been discontinued so it might be hard to find.

I would decide what carseat you want and then see what frame or stroller you think will work well with it.

legaleagle
05-17-2012, 01:58 PM
But I think the Mac Easy Traveller has been discontinued so it might be hard to find.

I would decide what carseat you want and then see what frame or stroller you think will work well with it.

Oh too bad if it's discontinued - definitely seemed the best of the lot.

The Stroll air zoom looks nice too - definitely way bigger wheels than most.

http://www.diapers.com/p/stroll-air-zoom-stroller-universal-infant-car-seat-adaptor-103952

Oops, never mind, thats just the adapter for the zoom stroller. But that might be an ok choice as an actual stroller - it looks kind of like a vista with air tires - zulily had them for cheap a few weeks ago.

ditty
05-17-2012, 02:51 PM
We have the Mac ET and really liked it. There wasn't a store in my area that sold them, but my SIL had one and loved it so we had seen it in action.

Buy Buy Baby carries them. We ordered ours through Bed Bath & Beyond (at the time, no BBBaby store here) and were able to use our 20% off coupon. I asked nicely if they would waive the shipping and they did. Being pregnant can sometimes get people to do nice things for you :) We also bought our video monitor and BOB stroller there with the same coupon so it made sense for them to waive the shipping. But if you ask, I bet they'd do it.

http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=17441086&

ebjw
05-17-2012, 04:13 PM
What about finding a stroller you really like that you can snap a carseat onto? The thing about a snap n go is that you will throw that in your car and that will be your only option- baby has to stay in carseat- you don't have anything else to put them in. If you have the option of a reclined seat or keeping baby in carseat and snapping it on, at least bab isn't always stuck in carseat.

Stroller
05-17-2012, 05:44 PM
I've been very pleased with the Chicco Keyfit Caddy. It's nimble and has a huge accessible basket, folds easily and, of course, the Keyfit snaps in securely. Used it on bumpy grass/dirt as well as typical pavement and sidewalks and it's been a champ.

KonzaPrairie
05-17-2012, 11:14 PM
I second the Chicco Caddy recommendation (if you have a Chicco). I like it a LOT better than my friend's Baby Trend Snap n Go. I've never used the Mac so no comment there. However, if I am blessed with another baby someday, I would get a Bumbleride Flite since it's usable as a great umbrella stroller once the baby grows out of the infant seat.

hoodlims
05-18-2012, 01:30 AM
I also like the idea of a umbrella that takes a carseat, this way you won't have an extra thing that can't be used later when the kid is older. Someone recently had a list of umbrellas that took carseats, maybe Kaylee31?

Bumbleride Flite
B-Nimble
anything else?

hapimommy
05-18-2012, 05:29 AM
Used our cybex topaz all the time with the carseat. It did wonderfully well since it reclined so far that when we did not have the carseat during traveling dd could still be in the seat as an infant. Not tippy, and also the reclined seat with the carseat gave us so much storage space. My 40 pound ds also rides in it, and it pushes really well next to our triumph. The carseat adapter straps for cybex works with many different carseats, so hope that helps. (There are different model cybexes, and they can all be used as a travel system).

swissair81
05-18-2012, 06:53 AM
My carseat frame is a bee+ with Chicco adapter.