PDA

View Full Version : Help! Tea Party Attire?

kaitlyns.mom
05-17-2012, 01:56 PM
We're going to a tea party birthday party on Saturday. The invite says to wear our tea party attire, moms too, hats and all. What would you wear? Just sundresses with big hats? The only dresses I have are black - no good?

misshollygolightly
05-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Ideally, a floral-print or other colorful dress with hat and maybe gloves. If all you have are black dresses, maybe pair a nice black dress with a pearl necklace and hat? Do you own any cheery summer skirts? You could totally wear a nice knee-length skirt and blouse (or cardigan set).

Honestly, though, for a child's teaparty birthday, I wouldn't stress too much. I think the black dress would be fine, or even nice pants with a colorful, summery blouse (dressed up a bit with jewelry and shoes).

kaitlyns.mom
05-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Ideally, a floral-print or other colorful dress with hat and maybe gloves. If all you have are black dresses, maybe pair a nice black dress with a pearl necklace and hat? Do you own any cheery summer skirts? You could totally wear a nice knee-length skirt and blouse (or cardigan set).

Honestly, though, for a child's teaparty birthday, I wouldn't stress too much. I think the black dress would be fine, or even nice pants with a colorful, summery blouse (dressed up a bit with jewelry and shoes).

Yikes - this party is making me realize how drab my wardrobe is! :rotflmao: No dressy pants or cheery skirts, either. I think I am going to pick something up tomorrow, or wear my navy blue dress with pearls, although I am sort of doubting that it will fit (too small).

I know my daughter would love it if we were both dressed up, especially with hats/gloves. Heck, I could use a little dress-up. ;) Any idea where to find little girl dressy hats and gloves?