PDA

View Full Version : No fair! (Totally petty/silly!)

lalasmama
05-17-2012, 04:22 PM
I think XSO is newly single again (haven't flat out asked yet, but he's acting like he is). We've been in contact a lot lately--calling a few times a week, texting multiple times a day, etc--but haven't "seen" each other since early spring, because I refuse to let my daughter know he's "around" again. I don't want her getting reattached to him, and having something happen all over again.

So, he's in town for a family medical thing. I took the afternoon off from work. He was going to come over, go out for lunch, and catch up. Heels, make-up, snazzy place that I won't take DD, the whole bit!

Since the break-up a year ago, and even since we saw each other earlier in the spring, I've lost some weight (15lbs, which is a visible amount on me!)... I couldn't wait just to hear the "wow" that would come up when he saw me.

So, why is this in the BP?

His step-parent is in the middle of unexpected surgery... and then his daughter goes into labor--without any other support! So, it's went from a late lunch at my favorite grown-up restaurant (I'm not taking DD to a $30/plate place!) to take-out at my place Sunday after DD's in bed. Heels worn to the restaurant= appropriate. Heels worn around the house after DD is in bed? Harder to explain/justify. LOL

I just wanna stomp my feet and flail my arms and say "NO FAIR!"

elbenn
05-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Heels or no heels, you are still going to be 15 pounds less! It's a bummer though that you don't get to wear your fancy clothes at a fancy restaurant.

AnnieW625
05-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Enjoy the take out, but heels go great with jeans and a sweater so I'd still wear them. Good luck, and I hope things go okay.

lizzywednesday
05-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Enjoy the take out, but heels go great with jeans and a sweater so I'd still wear them. Good luck, and I hope things go okay.

:yeahthat:

Annie's totally right, Mimi!

Rock the heels and a cute pair of jeans.